Diet and PCOS

Options
MorbidMander
MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
Anyone else here doing a low carb diet? If so, what are you eating? This has worked for me, but I was wondering if anyone else too has had success with low carbing and PCOS? :D

Replies

• beckslite
    beckslite Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i was considering it, but have no idea what to eat. What do you have for your meals? and what is your carb limit? :)
  • sophierocious
    Options
    I've read of a lot of PCOS ladies having success with Keto (pretty good explanation of keto in this link- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gZfJejOM8fJsX1iCilmnpp1qmT_KncJwWCR4-EsaEHc/edit?pli=1 ) which restricts carbs and controls blood sugar. I'm still learning/researching about it, but I may try it in a month or so.
  • boxem180
    boxem180 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I eat lower carb, which means I haven't completely elminiated carbs from my diet. My goal for the day is, for every 2 grams of carbs, I get at least 1 gram of protein and to end the day with that ratio. I also try to get over 100 grams of protein every day and (this is out of my personal preference) not to eat carbs for either my dinner or evening snack. So far, it seems to be working!
  • beckslite
    beckslite Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think at this stage it would drive me mad. Just getting used to counting the calories. One step at a time for me :)
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I did GI diet for a while, but i felt like rubbish with the reliance on beans and legumes (whats the point of being on a diet if you simply hate how you feel after eating stuff!)

Im low carbing, well keeping carbs under 25% which is about 95carbs total but most the time i only hit 60-70.

Not especially limited, finding it very easy, feel like i have alot more freedom rather than 'oh pasta sauce with pasta' or 'x type of sandwich'

Even better, no swings and round abouts with sugar