Inner Circle

Options
mikejholmes
mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
Has anyone joined? Is it even remotely worth it?
I'm thinking we can start our own inner circle here!

Replies

• ay1978pa
    ay1978pa Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    With all respect for Mehdi I ain't paying for that. I would imagine it might be remotely worth it if one lacks motivation and needs constant nudging.
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    With all respect for Mehdi I ain't paying for that. I would imagine it might be remotely worth it if one lacks motivation and needs constant nudging.

Ya, my thoughts as well.
  • Slamdunkpro
    Slamdunkpro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I can hire a personal trainer / strength coach twice a month for what he wants for the "Inner Circle". With respect - I don't think so. Besides, isn't that what this group is for?
  • nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I couldn't afford to join even if I wanted to. I get all the support, information and motivation I need from the forums and groups on MFP.
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above, but additionally are the rest of you getting annoyed with the emails. When they started they seemed useful and motivational, but recently they seem to have changed into a spammy advert for the inner circle.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above, but additionally are the rest of you getting annoyed with the emails. When they started they seemed useful and motivational, but recently they seem to have changed into a spammy advert for the inner circle.
    Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. I guess in reality, they always were, but it just seemed like he was providing good information until the pitch starts and the "spots opened up" for joining. Meh, I don't blame him for trying, he provides a good service and, "a guys gotta eat". :smile:
  • drlewisjr
    Options
    Back before Medhi decided to charge people for the Inner Circle there was a message board that he ran. It was free to sign up. It was free to get advice, to post pictures, and all the other stuff you do on a message board. When I came back to 5x5 after being away from it he had created this inner circle and started charging....and I can't see why I would pay for what I know is a message board. I enjoy 5x5. I enjoy the information that Mehdi gives, and I can't fault him for now trying to make a living from it. Still doesn't mean I'm going to shell out cash for a message board.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I'd rather read books by the experts like Rippetoe than pay for some forums. Most of the advice is posted on MFP, if you ask the right questions.
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options

You get reeled into the story and then BAM! "JOIN THE INNER CIRCLE!"
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    5x5 is not some complicated system with a learning curve. For cripe sakes, there's 5 exercises, you do 5 sets of 5 M-W-F and try to add weight to the bar each time. Just what is there to discuss that could be worth that kind of money? It's not rocket science and it's not like Mehdi created 5x5. Can't fault the guy for trying to make some money, and I respect the fact that he stresses proper form. Improper technique on the lifts is about the only way to screw this up.