Endomondo Support - Horrible

Options
lveh8lve
lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
Hi everyone,

I really really really want to love this app. However, for the past 2+ months it's been useless to me. I have contacted their "support" and they are horrible. I don't even think it's support, it's an unorganized place to complain that they can ignore.

I have an iPhone5 running iOS 6.0.1 and a Polar H7 bluetooth smart HRM belt. The previous version of Endomondo could not work with an HRM & the iPhone 5 due to a bug in the software, but 7.0 was supposed to fix that. This issue is I can open the app fine, however when I go to hit the setting button the app crashes. This happens with both the free and the pro version. The only "support" I have gotten is to do a hard reset. So far I have: Hard reset, Soft Reset, Uninstall/Reinstall, turn bluetooth on & off, connect belt to another functioning app then open endomondo, close all my open apps. Nothing works. I'm very frustrated at this app because I want it to sync with mfp, but my patience is running thin.

Anyone here have any ideas? Same problem?

Replies

• JeffTCole
    JeffTCole Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I wish I could be of help. I have Endomondo pro on my Blackberry and it has worked faithfully for nearly 500 workouts. I guess I should be glad I have not needed any support. No HRM or Bluetooth here.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Dang, that sucks. Maybe try a Google search for iOS 7 issues w/ Endo & Bluetooth. I almost didn't get my Bluetooth Polar because the some of the kernel builds for Android 4 won't work. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to try other than what you have already done (Hard & soft boots, un/re-install). Are you sure it's not the Polar malfunctioning? Maybe try getting ahold of them? Also, have you damaged you iPhone? Have you checked the phone to make sure it's Bluetooth ability isn't what is malfunctioning?
  • lveh8lve
    lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The Bluetooth works flawlessly with every other program out there - MapMyRun, Digifit, etc. Endo is the only one that really stinks. My iphone 5 is not damaged in anyway. I installed the program on my old iphone 4 and had the same issue. That leads me to believe that the app is not functioning properly and is conflicting.

I posted on their facebook page and they gave me the run around. So I've contacted apple and they agreed to refund my money. I just hope for the rest of you that you never need to use their support because it really is absolutely horrible.
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    Endo works great for me, except it's missing a few features from other apps (like good heartrate data support w/o an annual subscription , for example). What it's missing Runtastic has, what Runtastic is missing Endomondo has. I wish I could combine the two, frankly.

What I have a devil of a time with is getting endomondo to sync w/ MFP. It only works about half the time, and there is no rhyme or reason to why it works or why it doesnt. I assume it's an issue w/ my phone maybe. But, I dont have that problem w/ Runtastic...it syncs like a champ. The problem with Runtastic, though, is that it does NOT offer interval training support for Android devices, only for Iphones. And since I just can't stand Iphones (and even worse, having to use iTunes) I end up using both devices...4 regular runs a week on Runtastic that works flawlessly, then 2 interval runs a week w/ Endomondo where it will sync about 50% of the time.

Incidentally, if I actually HAD an iPhone w/ Bluetooth 4.0 support...I'd be using the miCoach app b/c it is completely free, works flawlessly, and has a freaking TON of built in training plans to follow.

Now that my rambling is over to try to help: where do you put your phone when you are using the app? It does seem to me that endomondo has more line of sight issues w/ the heartrate monitor than the other apps I use/have used do.

That doesnt seem to be your issue, though. Here I have to plead ignorance WRT Iphones, but when you uninstall an App on an Iphone does the device retain any residual data (settings, statistics, etc) from the app, or does it clean everything? Android devices actually retain some data, I've had to uninstall apps then manually wipe the statistic/settings data before reinstalling to get an application to work in the past. This is probably not what you want to hear but, do a factory reset then install the app and see if that works.

Or, just pick another program to use. If I were in your shoes, I'd go with Runtastic. It syncs w/ MFP (and in my experience, much more reliably so than Endomondo) and is (also in my opinion) a superior program.