TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY!

Hey there ladies!

I figured we would do something different this week (I hope you don't mind!)--- we can also share recipes here if you would like BUT transformations are ALWAYS motivating--- So, let's see some transformation pics!!! Please also share what made you go after this lifestyle change? What keeps you going? How do you feel about your results? What are some NSVs that you are proud of? What accomplishments have you made since starting this journey (endurance, strength, feeling better, positive attitude; etc---they ALL count!) Share your story and motivate someone here today!

We have 66 days til summer and it is coming FAST!!! Time waits for NO ONE! Will your story be one of the success stories we share in our "final" forum post?!! I believe in you!! Let's keep the positive energy flowing ladies!

(I will share mine later today after my meeting=) I'm taking a break and wanted to check in with you all!!!) HAPPY TUESDAY!!!

Because I forgot to post the Motivational Monday quote yesterday, I want to leave you with a few quotes today! I hope you like them as much as I did!!!

"Before you begin a thing remind yourself that difficulties and delays quite impossible to foresee are ahead. You can only see one thing clearly, and that is your goal. Form a mental vision of that and cling to it through thick and thin." -Kathleen Norris

"Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave." -Mary Tyler Moore

"Focus more on your desire than on your doubt, and the dream will take care of itself. You may be surprised at how easily this happens. Your doubts are not as powerful as your desires, unless you make them so." -Marcia Wieder

"Success is not a race, be patient.
Success leads to success.
Success is always a work in progress.
Success doesn't come to you--you go to it.
Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.
Some people dream about success... while others wake up and work hard at it.
Success is achieved and maintained by those who try-and keep trying.
Everyday is a good day to SUCCEED!
If at first you don't succeed-try, try again"
-???

AND Last but certainly not least....(My fav...)

"When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
When you want to give up just because you gave in,
and forget all about being healthy and thin.
So What! You went over your points a bit,
It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
If you summon the will to get back in the race.
But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip,
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
And learn too late when the damage is done,
that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
but facing each challenge will help you grow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,
If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!"
- Author Unknown

#TeamNOEXCUSES, #66daysTilSummer, #Focused

"

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    I just found this group and I am joining! I hope you don't mind. :bigsmile:

My journey actually began in September of 2009 when I weighed in at 213 pounds. I wanted to just die when I saw this picture and that number. How the hell did I let myself go like that? I was even in denial that I looked this way.

m213125628.jpg

I worked my *kitten* off and got down to 163

m216795446.jpg

m217686065.jpg

m217206597.jpg

In January of 2011 I found out I was pregnant with my little Summer. I got pretty sick the first couple of months and actually lost weight and got down to 160 lbs. I wasn't worried about weight though because I had to bake a baby. I gained over 40 lbs during the pregnancy (and I did eat healthy for the most part, but what can you do?).

After having Summer, I got down to 183 but then just stopped caring. I had the baby blues, I was getting use to having two children and just so much going on.

On November 23, 2012 (Yes, Thanksgiving) I weighed myself to see that the scale showed 193 lbs. I was like EFFFFFFFFF that. I told myself I wasn't starting Monday but I would start IMMEDIATELY the next day (it was thanksgiving and I was going to have my turkey :laugh: ).

And that, I did. My new journey began. I have been straight ever since and since I do not plan on having anymore children NOTHING is going to stop me this time. My goal is 130 lbs. I am currently 171.6.

182 (I didn't take a picture at 193) and seriously excuse the mess in the background. That is my 6 year old daughters bedroom and bed wasn't made, etc.

m227250893.jpg

m227290372.jpg

m227356787.jpg

m227393742.jpg

My first big goal is to get out of the 160s. I haven't been out of the 160s for 10 years. I am going to do it.

Thanks for letting me share :):heart:
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Hey Ladies!!! I always share this picture whenever I talk about my transformation. When I saw these pictures of myself back in 2010, I decided that I needed to make some changes. There was another one but I can't find it right now. I was about 155 lbs.

1z2lseh.jpg

This is me at my smallest weight last year..I was about 130 lbs before I gained a little back last winter

2h7kmet.jpg

vn2gpx.jpg
  • morefitmom
    You look awesome @lina1131!!! AND WELCOME TO THE GROUP!!!!
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Addicted2_fitness Posts: 403 Member
    Welcome Lina!!! Your transformation is AMAZING!!! You were beautiful THEN, but look at you NOW!!! Hot mama! Lol Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing your story---very inspiring:)

@Falicia! Girl!!! You look great! Is the last pic the most recent? (This is off subject but I REALLY Love that dress!)
    My goal is about 135--- I think I'm really going after it after seeing your pics! Keep up the great work--- you look amazing! BTW, How tall are you?

Continue to inspire ladies! Great stories so far~
  • morefitmom
    Welcome Lina!!! Your transformation is AMAZING!!! You were beautiful THEN, but look at you NOW!!! Hot mama! Lol Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing your story---very inspiring:)

@Falicia! Girl!!! You look great! Is the last pic the most recent? (This is off subject but I REALLY Love that dress!)
    My goal is about 135--- I think I'm really going after it after seeing your pics! Keep up the great work--- you look amazing! BTW, How tall are you?

Continue to inspire ladies! Great stories so far~

Thanks Mel! I am working to get back to the last pic. That was the end of last summer..before I started gaining again. I am a shortie lol Only about 5"1" (I always have to put that 1" on there :laugh:
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Well I am the picture queen and most have seen my transformation....but they are good reminders to self....and hopefully they will inspire someone else....

I have been on mfp over 2yrs now.... I am FOREVER Thankful for the site....but this is a reminder that this is constant...This journey is 80% or more of the eating...the workout is the extra to give you the look you want...It is a roller coaster and how you ride it is up to you...Always get back on it even if you can't stand the ride......I made goal maybe shortly after my yr....gained it back due to life events and now I am back better than ever..... Everyone looks great BTW....

IMG_3539-2-1.jpg

The picture when I discovered I was gaining some of my weight back.....Time to step it back up....

Myrecentpictures041_zps4d3b34da.jpg

Last Transformation and I am back...STRONGER better than EVER...

IMG_20130405_072021_zps906bc310.jpg

Next Goal...to kill this Hybrid P90x/Insanity for the Beach in a few weeks.....Stay Tuned....
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Addicted2_fitness Posts: 403 Member
    Steph~ I can NEVER get tired of seeing your transformation pics!!! They are so inspiring=) You look amazing!

Here's mine...
    6510b9d9-129d-40c8-a9f9-18ef2d77e8b4.jpg

0f47041a-71ef-4215-a17e-4cac81bce868.jpg

This pic was taken this morning after my workout...
    3ddf8fed-74bd-43f6-885d-aa0bb7037f99.jpg
    ME416.jpg

I have more belly fat that I am trying to get rid off before summer hits, so my focus is now on fat burning- I'm pretty happy with the muscle I have put on (for now, lol)... Getting rid of this fat covering my abs is my motivation to push through--- it may be stubborn, but I am MORE stubborn (or focused to make it sound more positive)
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Hi all, I started this journey last year at 171.5 lbs. when I saw this pic when I was on vacation with my kids at Disney World.
    bbb1.jpg
    I was horrified. I couldnt believe the scale when I saw that number. I just let myself go. I couldnt believe that person.
    Before.jpg
    Before2.jpg

So I decided enough was enough. I started dieting and doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and in 2 months I had lost 12 lbs. Thats when I decided to start insanity.
    Insanity1.jpg
    Insanity1side.jpg

I managed to finish insanity (biggest accomplishment ever.) So two months later I had managed to get 142 lbs. Losing 29 lbs in total. With insanity alone, I lost 17 lbs in two months.

919e906e.jpg
    571eba84.jpg

So I tried on that clothes from vacation at time in Sept I was 141 lbs. I loved what I saw. :)
    5A7B0AB5-09B7-4ECE-A4F0-F7B470EFDA92-31265-000016427A589746-1.jpg

After September 2012, I got real busy and I started exercising here and there and not watching what I was eating. I stayed 141 lbs till November then the holidays came, etc and I went to 148 lbs. I got back into again this April weighing 154. :( I am now happy to say I am 145 again. I am not ever going back to 150ish ever again. I now dying to get out of 140 and headed to 130. I can do it.

And dont forget the scale isnt always right here I am 8 years ago now before having my son and no exercise. I weighed 135 lbs
    wearing the same jeans. The after pic was in the middle of insanity. :)
    39630d2f.jpg
    c9f311b2.jpg

I will get to my goal body one day at a time. :) Sorry for so many pics! lol
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    You are are amazing! =)

Actually I just made a 4 week progress pic this weekend! at first I didn't see much difference but now I can see that my back, arms, and tummy are leaner. (I know I failed at keeping lighting and poses the same lol).... excited to see what the next 8 weeks bring. Unfortunately my bummy still looks the same ;)

559835_719225529615_877521068_n.jpg

Here is my 2 year progress

e4bd91ed-27d7-4d07-bb8e-abf02a166f21.jpg
  • melissan84
    Everyone's transformation are amazing. wonderful job ladies.
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    I love this!!!! Well I dont have many befores....I was 170lbs when I started so the before pics coming up are not at my highest. I was probably 155lbs here......

before1_zps9dc2b520.jpg
    before_zps21f0f798.jpg

Then I buckled down and made some changes ad here is where I am at so far:

After_zps69590f22.jpg

I am on the right!
    After1_zpsac70e4b8.jpg
    Cant wait to finally be at my goal (summer I hope) and feel happy with myself!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Everyone looks amazing.....Such an inspiring thread...and thanks Mel for taking the lead on keep the drive going.....I am inspired for sure...
  • shtupndoit
    shtupndoit Posts: 26 Member
    Ladies your transformations are amazing!! Truly inspiring:)
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    This was me at 203 pounds
    krissyhame_zps607643df.jpg

sobig_zpsfd885f8b.jpg

63307_10150268049610533_2783112_n_zps4af6a623.jpg

This is me now at 130
    photo42_zps0ec32e5f.jpg

photo2_zps279a9e38.jpg

Not where I want to be yet but I am so happy for how far I have come. I am very proud of myself and I am looking forward to toning up and looking fit:)
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    wow ladies!! you all have motavated me to push harder!!!! you all look wonderful!!! I dont have any progress pic!!! becaues i have not progressed!!! :sad: but i know i can do it!!! I just have to push from way in side!!!! i know i can do it !! i know i can do it
  • KAY1BELLE
    KAY1BELLE Posts: 29 Member
    These are awesome transformation photos I really have to do better tracking.. Gimme a min and I'll fill you guys in on my progress.
  • KAY1BELLE
    KAY1BELLE Posts: 29 Member
    Girl what belly fat!!! you look incredible! yes im Jelly!!!!!! Im gonna keep working I love your physique!
    Steph~ I can NEVER get tired of seeing your transformation pics!!! They are so inspiring=) You look amazing!

Here's mine...
    6510b9d9-129d-40c8-a9f9-18ef2d77e8b4.jpg

0f47041a-71ef-4215-a17e-4cac81bce868.jpg

This pic was taken this morning after my workout...
    3ddf8fed-74bd-43f6-885d-aa0bb7037f99.jpg
    ME416.jpg

I have more belly fat that I am trying to get rid off before summer hits, so my focus is now on fat burning- I'm pretty happy with the muscle I have put on (for now, lol)... Getting rid of this fat covering my abs is my motivation to push through--- it may be stubborn, but I am MORE stubborn (or focused to make it sound more positive)
  • morefitmom
    wow ladies!! you all have motavated me to push harder!!!! you all look wonderful!!! I dont have any progress pic!!! becaues i have not progressed!!! :sad: but i know i can do it!!! I just have to push from way in side!!!! i know i can do it !! i know i can do it

You will hun!! Just push hard and don't give up!! We are here to cheer you on!!
  • morefitmom
    There are some great transformations here!! YOU LADIES ARE HOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!
  • melissan84

You can do it. Dont give up because one day you will be posting pics of your transformation. One day at a time. If you binge one day, keep moving forward. There is no giving up, you are human you are to mistakes. There is no need to start over just pick up where you left off. Thats my biggest advice, I give people. Exercise is key. If you start walking then thats great but as long as you move. Remember dont ever say I cant because if you put your mind into it, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!