Breakfast/Lunch Ideas? Help?

Options
So this is my first semester and I have been really struggling with packing lunches. The food on campus is kinda expensive and its not always easy to stay away from the bad stuff. So I wanna know if anyone has any recipes they use that are quick and easy. Or something that is easy to transport. Thanks.

Replies

• seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Berries and oatmeal.
    Blender smoothies.
    Hard boiled eggs.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I love having a cereal, fruit, poached eggs (done in the microwave, takes only 30-40 seconds with this handy egg thing I have), all-bran bars. Anything full of fiber is my best friend in the morning because it keeps me full until lunchtime.. So usually I pair a fruit with a high fiber bar/cereal

Lunch I like having fresh raw veggies, granola bars, soup, a tortilla with peanut butter rolled up, chicken breast, fruit, cheese, salad, any leftovers I might have....

Nothing is a recipe per say, but everything is easy to transport! Soup is lovely at lunch, and if you have leftover soup it's a time saver! Stick everything in a plastic container or a plastic baggy and you are good to go. Breakfast and lunch are light meals for me, so I don't prefer anything too heavy.
  • jena813
    jena813 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll use peanut butter in the AM instead of butter (a little weird, but has more protein to keep you full), hardboil eggs the night before, eggs in the microwave (not as gross as it sounds I swear :)).

For lunch, I'll do soup, sandwich, etc. and usually bring veggies and hummus
  • Ibystron
    Ibystron Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    my new fave breakfast is making waffles, pancakes or muffins on sunday, healthy versions and alot of them. each them with yogurt and berries :) if you cant cake then you can buy eggos but be careful and make sure to read the label.

lunches, i eat left overs most days. other days i bring a bunch of lame food thats enough to fill me like a granola, banana and hummus w veggies.

cheers
    -ib
  • veronikaf
    veronikaf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hey! some of my favourite breakfasts are:

- green smoothie - 2 cups spinach, 1 banana, 1 cup frozen fruit (either mango or 4-berry blend usually) and 1 cup of almond milk. super filling and healthy. if you have extra time, i often throw in 1 tsp of vanilla for flavour and a tbsp of ground flax for some fiber as well!
    - homemade egg mcmuffin - i fry or poach 1 egg, top it with 1 tbsp light grated cheese and throw that between one whole wheat english muffin
    - fruit salad with greek yogurt - in the summer when fruit is cheap, i like to make a big fruit salad with berries, apples, oranges, pears, grapes (basically anything except bananas because they oxidize really quickly) and have that served with a bit of honey or vanilla flavoured greek yogurt (or you could flavour your own for less sugar) and sometimes granola if i'm feeling fancy. the best part about this is that you can make the fruit salad at the beginning of the week and grab some whenever you'd like
    - something quick and super simple are those instant oatmeal packages, i really like the plain kind (with my own mix ins like a bit of brown sugar, raisins, nuts, etc) or the reduced sugar apples + cinnamon

as for lunches... either i have a sandwich, leftovers of what i had for dinner the night before, or soup

hope this helps!
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek Yogurt + Frozen Berries (berries keep yogurt cool and will be softened by lunch) + Granola (in separate container)
    Tuna/Chicken Salad Made Light
    Cans of low sodium soup
    Cliff bars are kept in my bag for the meetings/classes that go over a meal time
    Hard boiled eggs
    Apples, Oranges
    Carrot sticks
    I also always keep some protein powder handy and can mix that with a bottle of water in a pinch
  • radiantrox
    radiantrox Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Since I'm focusing on incorporating more protein into my diet these days, I usually eat eggs for breakfast (as an omelette, or scrambled with veggies and lean meat). Sometimes I'll make them sunny side up with avocado and all-natural salsa for a clean Mexican-style breakfast.

I also enjoy eating oatmeal with blueberries, strawberries. Or I'll have it with banana and peanut butter.

I also agree with some of the other posters who enjoy Greek yogurt with berries. Sometimes I'll add raw honey to the yogurt for a sweeter effect.