Day of Rest...

Options
So, today is Day 4 and we are asked to rest. It will be difficult because I now feel like I am on a roll with this challenge, but I will do it. Anyone else finding it hard to rest today? I think with yesterday's tragedy, we could all benefit from some time of rest and reflection. Hope everyone is well.

Replies

• Holdenke1
    Holdenke1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying the day of rest. I understand this challenge really works and I'm going to follow it to the "T". Yes, my prayers go out to those affected by the tragedy in Boston yesterday.
  • HarleighzMom
    HarleighzMom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it tough too - my legs still hurt from my C25K Sunday couples with everything else I did, but I squatted through it yesterday and it actually helped the pain. I have cardio and leg lifts to do today,so hopefully that will keep me going. Yesterday was horrible...
  • mousemom18
    mousemom18 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's just a rest from squats. Doesn't mean we have to do nothing.

So far so good - tomorrow - 70!!
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    So, today is Day 4 and we are asked to rest. It will be difficult because I now feel like I am on a roll with this challenge, but I will do it. Anyone else finding it hard to rest today? I think with yesterday's tragedy, we could all benefit from some time of rest and reflection. Hope everyone is well.

I will find it difficult to rest today, yes, but you are correct. Maybe some light exercise to help reflect and get our minds and hearts right. Maybe a bike ride and yoga at the park today.
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I did my regular workout just no squats. So far a bit tight but not too bad. Boston was terrible and I feel for everyone. I just dont understand this world we live in. Dont let them win. Keep positive and move forward.
  • tcrawlv
    tcrawlv Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna rest because i started two days late, so i'll just 60 again tonight.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I will be resting from squats today but will be taking step and zumba classes tonight....
  • ChristinaLeeConway
    ChristinaLeeConway Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good to hear everyone is getting their burn in. I am resting from squats also, but doing some jogging later today. Still working on cardio mostly. Need to get to strength training here soon.
  • Latona38
    Latona38 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Although today was supposed to be a rest day, I went to the gym and took a kickboxing class, did some core and lifted some weights. I have started noticing a difference in the mirror and I'm pleased with my results. I haven't seen the 140's since before I got pregnant with my son! Keep up the hard work ladies! Looking forward to tomorrow!
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Resting on squats, going to hit the elliptical or treadmill and maybe do some planking, work the other side. ; )
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I did my Insanity workout (as I have right along) and some squats. I also took some time to stretch. That's key.
  • skyslady1
    skyslady1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am still 2 days behind and eventhough its almost midnight I got in my day 2. I just returned from my vacation today and after unpacking and getting laundry together, I was just going to put off day 2 until tomorrow and just be 3 days behind. But I finally sat down and was reading a few posts, I then decided that I had a little bit still left in me and that I could do the 55, so I did it and I just want to thank you ladies for the inspiration I found in your words. I am so glad I am part the MFP community. Any other time I would have just did the same old thing and procrastinated. Not this time!!! :happy:
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    WHoops! I forgot today was a rest day (for the squats). I too can see a difference in my booty and leg area already! pretty neat stuff!