BFM JMBR Calorie Count.

Options
Steffani911
Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
I just wanted to share with everyone what my calorie count is workout pairing BodyMedia Fit (which JM suggests using) and JMBR.

Per the JM website when I would enter what dvd I was doing, p1d3 etc. because she has them on her site, it would give me a calorie count of about 380-400 per workout.

I have worked out twice now using the BFM and it is registering 210 and 211 calories burned. I know that BFM has a +/-10% accuracy, but I thought I would share that with you all.

I know that at the end of p2d6 today, I was sweating my booty off. Like dripping as you all probably know.

I know someone got a fitbit recently. I wonder what it says.

Also my stats: 5'7" 194lbs.

Replies

• Hurley1203
    Hurley1203 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just got the fitbit. I have been using my HRM while doing BR to get a more accurate burn. But, if you want, I can do it tonight and just use the fitbit and let you know the difference.
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I just did workout 5 and my polar 7 said 378. I don't trust it 100% by any means (though I work my butt off!) so I take it down to 300. I think workout 6 was about the same. I am 5'7 and 189. It is annoying not knowing for sure what you are burning off. I use to say 150 calories per workout, but I think it is more than that.

From my understanding the fitbit would be inaccurate for this type of workout- I don't know wear mine during the workout.
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well I was hoping that I wouldn't need to get a HRM since I got the BFM but looks like there's one more thing. I'm happy to hear that they are giving a higher calorie count in correlation with the JM website and they were designed by her and her team. Hopefully the higher number's right. yeah?! ;)
  • frizbeemom
    frizbeemom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I use an HRM. I don't know if it reports low or not. I did both the Cardio 1 and Workout 2 of Phase 1 yesterday and burned 198 cals in each. I'm still trying to get fit, 214 lbs, 42 yrs old, so with each workout, I keep burning a few more calories as I increase my stamina.

If it does report low, at least I am not as tempted to overeat my calories. :)
  • Pwrpuff83
    Pwrpuff83 Posts: 92
    Options
    Yeah, I just use the information on the site in which I log which says 180 burned for Body Revolution. I felt that was low for the effort I was putting in, but am really nervous about overlogging exercise. I'm 30 years, 5"3, and 170lbs.
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i don't log specific exercises any more - just let my BFM sync in with MFP for total calorie burn for each day... I find it to be pretty accurate I think - the rare day when I hardly do anything I hover right at BMR but the moment I'm up and moving it catches all of that... when I think of how hard my body works during my runs versus the more dynamic exercises in JMBR I can see where the circut things could be seen as more moderate exercise (excluding the cardio intervals)
  • Hurley1203
    Hurley1203 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am on the fence about logging the exercise calories. I am also just thinking about letting my fitbit tell me what I burned. I am so confused about the calories in, calories out, adjustments, eating back calories, etc. AARRRGH!
    I am doing the tdee-20% so I am not supposed to eat back the exercise calories anyway. What are the rest of you doing?
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I try to stay at 1600 cal a day... mfp has be at around 1450, my BFM has be at 1800, and my TDEE-20% would be even higher than that... I find i'm able to stay around 1600 and feel satisfied so this gives me some consistency - it's so different for everyone though...
  • ramsfan84
    ramsfan84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The problem with fitbit is that it really doesn't calculate for weight training really just good for steps and miles walking or running. At least that has been my experience. When I did the 30 ds it really didn't register that much.

I have the body media armband and last night I did Phase 1 workout 2 and got a reading of 199. My HRM needs a new battery and as soon as I get one I will use it and measure it against the armband. Just to see if there is any real difference.

Not hating on the fitbit I really loved mine alot. I just lost it and decided I would replace it with the armband which I do really like.