Any Phase 2'ers?

Options
Restarting Phase 2 tomorrow; I'd had a minor surgery that put me out for a week. I didn't want to hop straight back into workout 5/6 so I took last week to do workouts 1,2,3, & 4 progressively. I think I'm ready to repeat week 5 again, but so scared of Cardio 2! Cardio is NOT my thing. Bouncing is no bueno.

Anyway, I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there starting Phase 2 this week? Can we suffer together? :wink:

Replies

• tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I did workout five yesterday... Hip is acting up though so I'm putting a day in between each work out and running or doing a different cardio on the cardio day...
  • alwest68
    alwest68 Posts: 9
    Options
    I started phase 2 last week. Workout 5 was hard. I think I like cardio 2 though better then Cardio 1. You can friend me if you want.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I started Phase 2 on April 1--just finished Week 5. Had to go out and buy a medium weight resistance cable (a heavy-weight one was the only one I had). Can't even begin to extend my arms on those cable flys and punches in Workout 5 Circuit 3 with the heavy cable. I'll see how it goes on Monday. I'm considering spending 3 weeks on each level instead of 2--there's no particular reason why the program has to be finished in 12 weeks. Sending you a friend request--I can always use more BR buddies! Anyone else here, feel free to friend me if you want.
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I started phase 2 Thurs. My booty is so sore today. Good sore though. My kids lost my cardio 1, so I have been running. I am pretty nervous to do cardio 2. Today is my rest day. I usually workout twice a day and haven't had a rest day since March 27th.

Go Revolutioners!
  • Pwrpuff83
    Pwrpuff83 Posts: 92
    Options
    Well...I did (and when I say did, I mean flung my body around) Cardio 2 today. And I never want to do it again! :laugh:
    I somehow thought that doing more exercises for a shorter amount of time would be a bit more exciting and therefore not as painful. Oh, the folly of youth. That was a toughie for me. I'm not greatly adept at cardio at the best of times, so I think that will take some work. It was definitely more varied and it was nice to get away from the dreaded Running Man, but I'm not sure I'd go so far as to like any of it, alwest68! lol

I think you're right, karint74, that the program doesn't have to be precisely 90 days. I doubt you'd lose out anything by slowing down the process and, if anything, its probably more beneficial as you can get all the moves down solid. I may find that I'm not ready to move on with these weeks as they're so tough.

I hope your hip feels better soon, tallieterp!

Steffani911, you're such a trooper with no days off and double workouts! I couldn't do it! Be careful you're not running yourself into the ground, though. Rest is an important part of fitness.
  • vickiaf
    vickiaf Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I did workout 5 for the first time today! I also need to change my resistance cable, I can barely move my arms with the one I'm using!

I report on each workout and my progress on my blog here

http://vicki-keeps-pushing.blogspot.co.uk/

Feel free to come along and take a look

Good luck everyone x
  • carolinesparkle
    carolinesparkle Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm in phase 2! Did workout 7 today for the first time......there are no words! I may be doing an extra week of this set as I am no where near up to it !!!
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options
    Workout 5 is so brutal on the arms/shoulders! I do think all of Phase 2 is going to have be a long'n for me. I really wanna get form down on this bad boy!
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Started my second week of Phase 2 this morning with Workout 5. Every time she said to use medium weight, I can move up to a 10-lb now, and my balance is hugely improved--didn't have to touch my foot down once on the single-leg moves! And I can do the side triceps lifts without resting on the floor in between. I've done that move before in other workouts and always hated it because I could barely lift myself off the floor! Circuit 3 is still hard w/the medium cable. First go round was fine, but the cable punches and second go round were still too much to do correctly. I'll have to get a light cable. That circuit feels at least 2 levels harder than Circuits 1,2 & 4. Something tells me a light cable will come in handy in the workouts to come.
  • Steffani911
    Options
    I did #5 today for the second time. I can't do those side pushup things. Anyone else have trouble with those?

Now that I've done 5 twice I can say that my legs are jello when I'm done but I went on to do a 15 min Shaun T mini Insanity set that I found on Dr. Oz. I still haven't done cardio 2, but I think tonight I will run and tomorrow do the cardio 2 dvd after #6.
  • 5bsanders
    5bsanders Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Started week 6 today WO 5! I think I did better this time! It is a killer on the arms though. Ready for WO 6 again tomorrow! Good luck everyone. I also have a blog about my weekly workouts with body revolution. Feel free to drop by and check it out.
    http://beckyisdetermined.blogspot.com/ I would also enjoy reading anyone else's blog if you have one. Those things seem to help me stay motivated b/c I know that I am not in it alone.
  • SueZ26
    SueZ26 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm in phase 2! Did workout 7 today for the first time......there are no words! I may be doing an extra week of this set as I am no where near up to it !!!

I did workout 7 yesterday too. I completely agree with you...there are no words!! Then again, I always feel like that when I start a new workout, but by the end of the second week I feel like I'm doing well enough to move on. Hopefully that will be the case again!
  • pocosnot
    pocosnot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in phase 2 - I did workout 7 yestereday. Wow! Again, I agree there are no words, but it gets a little better after the first circut. I think I like Cardio 2 better than Cardio 1. There is something about the suicides that makes me happy not to have to do them anymore. Also, since this is my 3rd week of Cardio 2, it's a little better than weeks five and six. I too had to go buy a lighter band, there was no way to I could stretch my band for the tricep exercises. I can't wait to see what disc 8 has in store for me today.
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options
    Stiff and sore. Cardio tomorrow. Oh my.
  • Steffani911
    Options
    So after doing #5 yesterday AM and Cardio 2 (for the first time) yesterday PM. I am one sore mama today. I started #6 this AM but did it very very light, skipping some. I will give it a go again tomorrow as long as my body tells me I can. I worry about an injury since I'm also doing a c25k. I figure whatever keeps me moving. No plan. :)
  • carolinesparkle
    carolinesparkle Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm in phase 2 - I did workout 7 yestereday. Wow! Again, I agree there are no words, but it gets a little better after the first circut. I think I like Cardio 2 better than Cardio 1. There is something about the suicides that makes me happy not to have to do them anymore. Also, since this is my 3rd week of Cardio 2, it's a little better than weeks five and six. I too had to go buy a lighter band, there was no way to I could stretch my band for the tricep exercises. I can't wait to see what disc 8 has in store for me today.
    [/quote]

I did workout 7 yesterday too. I completely agree with you...there are no words!! Then again, I always feel like that when I start a new workout, but by the end of the second week I feel like I'm doing well enough to move on. Hopefully that will be the case again!
    [/quote]

How did you find WO 8? Somehow I thought it was less painful than 7 but I may have still been stunned by WO 7!! I am running instead of doing the cardio, back to WO 7 tomorrow. I am really hoping it has somehow got a bit easier !!!
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    OMG! How am I going to carry my baby! Workout 5 killed me in a good way. I have never felt nauseous after a workout before. My two year old was cheering me on (I had to be very careful with wood chops so I didn't hit her on accident!). She was "helping" me with the crab things (tried to lift me up) and kept yelling "you're doing it mommy". It actually helped- I didn't want her see me quitting. My triceps will look awesome after I am one!
  • SueZ26
    SueZ26 Posts: 8
    Options

[/quote]

How did you find WO 8? Somehow I thought it was less painful than 7 but I may have still been stunned by WO 7!! I am running instead of doing the cardio, back to WO 7 tomorrow. I am really hoping it has somehow got a bit easier !!!
    [/quote]

I thought WO 8 was easier than WO 7. I was expecting it to be just as hard, but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't. I am sore today on my lower back and biceps from WO 8, but nothing too bad like still feeling my triceps extremely sore from WO 7!! I'm looking forward to the end of next week when these workouts are easier...Let me know how it goes for you tomorrow!
  • kaza84
    kaza84 Posts: 1
    Options
    wow workout 5 sucked. Those cable flys, punches and crabs! I was in so much pain but managed workout 6 yesterday and about to do cardio 2 today. Trying to stick with the schedule. Glad to see others are finding it hard but its working for them!
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options
    I dread Cardio 2 harder than anything I've ever dreaded. I'm TERRIBLE at Cardio! :sad: