Bydureon

Options
momjmd
momjmd Posts: 296 Member
Has anyone tried it yet? It is a weekly injection. Getting ready to take my first one today. Better than 2 times a day with Byetta.

Replies

• RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't use it (actually never heard of it)
  • flyrobinfly57
    Options
    Keep us posted. Really would like to take it, however I have read it is not a newbie drug. It looks like it maybe good for those who have shown good results with Byette. Still gonna aquire about it on mt March appointment
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    been using it for a few weeks now and my FBS has went from 290 to 110! Caused some nausea the first few days after the shot but by the 6th day its gone, nothing I cannot deal with better than high levels
  • missfittin_missy
    Options
    oh and I have lost about 8 lbs since starting it
  • momjmd
    Options
    Thanks a lot! I took it this afternoon and so far no nausea. It is supposed to be the same basic drug as byetta and it didn't make me sick so I am hoping that this won't either. Love the thought that it will help with weight loss!
  • missfittin_missy
    Options
    this is the first injectible i have been on. Hope you have as good of results as i have with it!
  • k1200s
    k1200s Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been using Bydureon since July 2012.
    It provided for an easy motorcycle trip last August in the Tetons & Beartooth.
    Let us know how you do with it.
    Do you have the discount card? $25.00 month Rx.
  • missfittin_missy
    Options
    my husbands insurance covers it but my doctor usually keeps me supplied in samples
  • mentalist76
    mentalist76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi All

I know this thread was started a while ago but thought I could do with some support. I started Bydureon 8 weeks ago. It's new to the NHS here in the UK. I wasn't prescribed Byetta before so was straight on to this. Also taking Metformin.

My BSL are much better on this but I'm having tummy trouble. A lot of pain in my mid abdomen, sometimes it's unbearable. I've had bloods taken and there's no Panreas issues so I don't know what to do. Has anyone else suffered with this kind of pain? Does it go away over time? Are there foods I should avoid? Should I try several very small meals rather than 3 normal ones?

Please help, my doctors are being really unhelpful and refusing to take me off it. :o(

Thanks

Jules
  • missfittin_missy
    Options
    i have some pain off and on but nothing that I can't tolerate pretty easily. It tends to be worse if I eat a heavier meal, at first I also had nausea but that is subsiding now too. All in all the side effects aren't nearly as bothersome as the high blood sugar levels! Maybe talk to your doc and see if they have any suggestions
  • momjmd
    Options
    I haven't had any adverse side effects on Bydureon. Sorry that I cannot be a help. I do get stomach cramps from the metformin though if I eat high fat foods so I avoid those.
  • mentalist76
    mentalist76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good news. The pain has gone. My consultant recons it was biliary collic caused by my body not being used to the new drug. But now I'm used to it all is good.

However whilst doing all the tests they found out I had an extremely fatty liver. So no not only can I not eat sugars and I have to control my carbs but I also can't eat fats and have to limit my proteins...... not entirely sure what I can eat now......
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I started Byetta Sept. 1, 2012 and had really good results with blood glucose - A1C at 6.1 and fasting in the 80s and 90s. But I was sick to my stomach every morning and just got worse and worse. I switched to Bydureon the end of March 2013 and totally LOVE it. Of course I worry about possible pancreas problems but I'll keep using until something comes up. I have also lost 70 pounds since Sept 1. Between meds and a clean, controlled diet it's been a really good experience.