Phase 2 - Workout 7

Options
2»

Replies

• mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid to say that those who dislike plank and push ups moves are probably going to hate WO7. You are well and truly spoilt with them in this workout!

I started it yesterday, and i can honestly say it wasn't as bad as i expected - some of the moves in this routine are crazy, but i think I've been quite lucky to have done 95% of them in other workouts, so i guess I've got a head start.

My crow push-ups were ok as I've done them before (6W6P??), i can't get as low into my push up as i would with a normal push up though. These coupled with plank walks and one legged push ups meant that i really felt my obliques and core working hard in the first part of the routine.

W raises - i thought to myself: why is she asking for light weights? It will be so easy!! Although this move wasn't particularly difficult, i was surprised at the burn i felt in my shoulders with 3's.

I have to say..my star jumps were just amazing!! :bigsmile:

and how do i feel the morning after? My shoulders hurt. ALOT! My armpits too :frown:

But.. *breathe* she does it out of love. Yes she does. Just remember.. You only have to do it 4 times then it's gone forever!
    My chest, shoulders, armpit area, lower abs, & obliques all hurt yesterday (and still today lol) from workout 7. I, too, was familiar with most of the moves and am pretty decent at push ups these days, though I'd probably never win a contest or anything. lol I didn't totally hate this workout, but I don't LOVE it, either. lol I did the W's with 5s and was quite proud of myself. I imagine that added to my shoulder pain. Hahaha We'll see how I feel after my next few sessions of WO7. :laugh:
  • 2007me
    2007me Posts: 6
    Options
    I did dvd 7 for the second time today. Still hate all the push-ups but not *as* horribly horrible as the first time. I definitely like dvd 8 ALOT better though.
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Can I say I hate this workout !!! Today was my 1st day of workout 7 I felt soo defeated ugh crow - push ups, jack knifes etc!!!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I had it for the second time yesterday and I still don't dig it, either. Just remember, it's only 4 times. You can get through it 4 times! Modify as needed, you'll still be getting stronger and healthier! :drinker: We've got this!!!
  • UpandRunning2013
    UpandRunning2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had it for the second time yesterday and I still don't dig it, either. Just remember, it's only 4 times. You can get through it 4 times! Modify as needed, you'll still be getting stronger and healthier! :drinker: We've got this!!!

I did it for the 3rd time this morning and I am amazed at how I have improved. First time round I thought that I would never be able to do it and now I feel I am coping fine! Albeit, with a few modifications on the planks. I do a few as she instructs and then do the modifications for the rest of the exercise.
  • mariposa224
    Options

I did it for the 3rd time this morning and I am amazed at how I have improved. First time round I thought that I would never be able to do it and now I feel I am coping fine! Albeit, with a few modifications on the planks. I do a few as she instructs and then do the modifications for the rest of the exercise.
    A Tony Horton-ism (from P90X fame): Do your best and forget the rest. That honestly is a mantra I've adapted for myself. I do all of the stuff far better than I did a year ago, but I'm still FAR from perfect. Ha! I'm far from doing some of the stuff WELL, even. lol

Keep up the great work!
  • Gatus98
    Gatus98 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This is the workout that takes you to the next level. It's the hardest one, in my opinion, to get through at that stage. You'll be amazed at how much more fit you are by the end of the two weeks! And for those of us who hate planks...it's by far the best core/ab workout. Much better than crunches, etc., so if you want to see that six pack take the abuse! It works.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    3rd time through today. I realized that I actually really like the final circuit. And I want to throw my weights at Lana for being a wimp. lol She never seems to be giving her all, and I guess I feel like, if you made it to being in one of Jillian's videos, you should always be going at it hard. I still don't like this one, but I'm really glad I only have to do it one more time. lol
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Today will be the 3rd time doing this !! I'm hoping to see somewhat of an improvement! Workout 7 is just a struggle
  • mariposa224
    Options
    Today will be the 3rd time doing this !! I'm hoping to see somewhat of an improvement! Workout 7 is just a struggle
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great! :happy:
  • UpandRunning2013
    UpandRunning2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    okay...officially done with this wo and I have to say it was almost enjoyable today (still with the modified planks)!! I am not sorry to wave it goodbye but I did have a sneak peek at wo 9 and cardio 3 and whoahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...maybe phase 2 is walk in the park!!! :-)
  • lolaluv4
    lolaluv4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Done it twice so far my goal for tomorrow is to not come out of plank between excercises in the first circuit!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    okay...officially done with this wo and I have to say it was almost enjoyable today (still with the modified planks)!! I am not sorry to wave it goodbye but I did have a sneak peek at wo 9 and cardio 3 and whoahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...maybe phase 2 is walk in the park!!! :-)
    Lol I'll be finishing with it on Monday. Dawn tells me I'll likely enjoy phase 3 much better. Maybe it looks harder than it actually turns out being??? lol I hope so anyway. :smile:
  • ElleRose101
    ElleRose101 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Only 2 more days left in phase 2...nervous and excited about phase 3. I know she's going to bring the pain.
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Did my 2nd attempt at DVD 7 today. While I did better in the first set of the plank/pushup hell--set, I did all the reps and felt pretty stable.

I really had almost nothing left for the 2nd set. I could not hold plank between the exercises and due to a strained hip flexor on the left the one legged activities were quite challenging. even the side oblique moves defeated me on the 2nd side. Jeez!

After the 1st pass at this DVD on Monday I could hardly steer the car around the parking lot curves at work--today was better but 5 hours post workout my arms are still heavy, sore and I can hardly type.

Only 2 more times for this DVD.