Strength Training, whatcha got??

Options
morefitmom
morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
First off, OUR 100 DAY CHALLENGE HAS 100 MEMBERS NOW! YAAAY! Hey everyone!!

Ok, so now for my question. What are your fav strength training routines or exercises? And how do you incorporate it and how often?

Replies

• Addicted2_fitness
    Addicted2_fitness Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!

Having 100 members IS AWESOME! Let's hang in here so that all 100 of us are able to post success stories on the last day of the challenge!!! To answer your question, I do strength training 5 days per week. I do a Beachbody program called Body Beast. Before I began this 90 day program. I was in the gym 4 days per week doing compound lifts like deadlift, squats, overhead press, and bench press. I read a book called the New Rules of Lifting for Women and it basically taught me how to start lifting as a beginner. I do cardio workouts in the morning and my Body Beast program in the evenings after work... It's what has worked for me and I've had great progress with it... In the beginning, I lost most of my weight with cardio (elliptical, treadmill, bike; etc), Today, my focus is body recomposition and I do that by lifting. I also incorporate Insanity workouts in my schedule to keep my endurance up... So far, so good. I LOVE IT!!! Lol

-Melanie
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yay for 100! :happy:

I am doing a 4 day upper/lower split right now. Usually Mondays and Thursdays are Upper body days (Overhead press, chest press, rows, push ups, etc) and Tuesdays and Fridays are lower body days (squats, romanian deadlifts etc.). I'm around .75 body weight for lower body lifts and around .33 body weight for upper body lifts, wanting to get to 1x body weight for lower and .5 body weight for upper. :smile: