A HUMP DAY CHALLENGE! YOU IN??!

Good morning ladies!!!!

IT'S...
f2c8a804-be5f-4e25-b3d6-a01468101c8f.jpg

Workout Wednesday Challenge:

Walk for a TOTAL of 1 hour today! Whether it be around your office, around your home, during your lunch break--- It takes 20 minutes for the average person to briskly walk a mile; Walk 3 miles with me today in honor of the victims of the Boston Marathon-ONLY 60 minutes of your day!

***Please post a pic of your HRM or other method used to track your walk--- screenshot of Endomondo or Nike Sports Tracker; etc. 3 miles may sound like a lot of walking BUT feel free to pace yourself by splitting your walks into several sessions. Post your results here by the end of the day! Please also let us know what other workouts you are doing today! Let's BURN SOME CALORIES and walk these pounds off ladies!!!***

867c4f31-1145-4659-9bb5-ed49cf40158c.jpg

2nd Challenge:
Can you keep ALL of your MFP Diary #s in Green today?!! Let's make this a GREEN day to promote healthy living! NO RED #''s!!! (Let me know if you're in! I will be checking diaries!!! Just sayin' Lol)

hhh1344343028768_8338350.png

"Walking: the most ancient exercise and still the best modern exercise. It gets the feet moving, the blood moving, the mind moving. And movement is life. " ~ Carrie Latet

Happy Hump day!

Replies

• karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    I am on board for the walking for an hr - i've already got 10m down :)
    as far as green diaries - it's a cheat snack day for me + i always try to get my protein in the red, so i'll have to forego that LOL. Happy Wednesday!
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329
    I'm down for the cause! BTW love the inspirational quotes and pics!
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Addicted2_fitness Posts: 403 Member
    Okay--- PROTEIN can be in the RED!!!! Lol---
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    great!!!! i dont have a HRM but i am honest!!! lets do this!!!!!
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    I already planned my day out and I am in the red on some categories...I will join in on the next one!

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    I Definitely can do that.... YOU ENERGY IS BANANAS... Gimme me some!!! LOL
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Well, I might give a try. I am already at 25 min walk because my daughter was riding her bike. Will get more in later. However, food challenge. I dont know I am always over my sugar. There is no way around that. lol
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Ok I am in for the 3 mile walk! Didnt bring my HRM with me to work but I will do a walk today. I may just go to the park later and walk there! Will keep you posted as the day goes by but may not be able to post pics till tomorrow. As for the Diary challenge I am in. My problem area is always my sugar so will work on that!
  • Addicted2_fitness
    I (of all people) KNOW how hard it is to keep sugar under 35g a day---trust me! I ate a piece of candy yesterday and went for a second but instead, I threw it away-- because, I am stronger than my excuses! NOTHING is going to hold me back--- I have had a few bad days lately, (to be honest, YESTERDAY was a bad day) BUT I am moving forward-- today is a new day.

I want progress. There is NOTHING I can't do! I will find ways to challenge myself EVERYDAY! I WILL overcome ALL obstacles! Say this WITH ME ladies--- "I am stronger than my sugar addiction!!!"

We are in this together! This is no holier than thou post--- I am addicted to sugar and I need you ladies to fight this battle with me!!! No pressure, though--- just wanted to give you something to think about!!!=D
  • Addicted2_fitness
    This is what made me try my HARDEST to cut back on sugar...

http://www.naturalnews.com/022692_sugar_xylitol_stevia.html

"sugar feeds cancer...?":noway:
  • Addicted2_fitness
    On another note, ladies--- FIRST 40 minutes of walking completed--- finished my diary ALL in green (now for the hardest part: AVOIDING TEMPTATION as the day goes on!) Let's do this!
  • raqufern
    DAYUM GIRL!!! You are good lol!!!

Your energy levels are crazy! I will fight with you on this sugar addiction. I gotta say my addiction are carbs!

Anywho, I will have to try and figure out how and when I am going to get my walk done! I know my son plays baseball today at 5:15pm and we usually arrive at the park at 4:30 so that is a chance for a 30 min walk. I want to do the other 30 min walk during lunch but I am not too sure of the area here lol! and I forgot my headphones LOL! so I may go home and do my walk after that or a run before my kids go to bed! Will definitely work something out! I also need to plan ahead with my diary so that I am not going over by the time today ends!
  • I'm in!!!
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    See, I cant keep my carbs down and what sugar down too. I am hypoglycemic so one has to give in or I will my body seriously cant function. I will feel weak to my knees and feel extremely dizzy. Thats why I have my coffee with my creamers, I need it early in the morning. lol Oh well, I have to work around it. My sugar hasnt stopped me yet and it wont. ;) P.S, I have 9 grams of sugar and I am over. lol. Nope not happening today lol so besides that I am good. hahaha
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Well you have a different case now don't cha missy?! Lol Sorry if I got a little too passionate about the sugar thing! Someone else being passionate about it opened my eyes and now, there's no stopping me! Lol Let's finish this day strong ladies!
  • Awe....I missed it!! Great job ladies!! I won't miss the next one....hopefully:laugh:
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Good morning ladies.

I didn't complete this challenge yesterday:( I got home to find an email from my daughter's teacher that threw my entire day off:indifferent: Sooooo, I will be pushing today to complete my 3 mile walk challenge! If you did not complete yesterday, let's get those miles in today!!! :heart:

Happy Thursday--- I hope you're thirsty because it's also WATER DRINKING TIME!!!:drinker:
  • raqufern
    I didnt complete it either! things didnt workout as I planned for my sons baseball game so boo!!!! Ill try and get this in today!