Has anyone tried The Page Cycle

Options
hjackson1226
hjackson1226 Posts: 125 Member
Have any of y'all tried The Page Cycle diet? It is basically carb cycling. Seems VERY doable. It is about detoxing your body of carbs for a couple of days to get your body into fat burning mode. You then eat a "smart" meal every other day that totals 500-600 calories and includes carbs (chicken and rice, turkey sandwich and chips, etc). Once you have been on it and gotten your body into fat burning mode, you can start incorporating one free day where you literally eat anything you want (pizza, cheesburger and fries, ice cream etc.)....I am curious as to what seems to work best and what everyone's favorite go-to foods are.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sue2328
    sue2328 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    sounds too scary - after years of trying to lose weight and finally finding something that works I am not sure I want to risk changing back to eating carbs in any quantity - ~I might become hooked again.

Be interested to see if anyone else has tried though
  • hjackson1226
    hjackson1226 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    sounds too scary - after years of trying to lose weight and finally finding something that works I am not sure I want to risk changing back to eating carbs in any quantity - ~I might become hooked again.

Be interested to see if anyone else has tried though

I have not heard a lot about it but a friend was telling me about it....I am curious to see what others have to say as well.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I think it would highly depend on the person's metabolism, their activity level, what they ate, etc.

Personally if I had a totally free day to eat whatever I wanted in whatever quantities, not only would I have a belly ache, I'd have a carb hangover the next day and be riding the insulin train again, like sue said. I can still eat ice cream occasionally in a small amount (though I did find a way to make my own low-carb version). I avoid gluten, so I wouldn't eat a cheeseburger on a bun or pizza with the crust, I find my own ways of making that stuff at home, healthier. It's a more sustainable way of eating for me, to maintain once I get to my goal.