Do you have monthly TMMO goals and MFP goals?

Options
124»

Replies

• magisy
    magisy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Haha- it's always good to have people tell you what you don't want to hear (just do it!) :happy:

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll have to check those out. I made it part way through the radio show yesterday, and signed up for a new class starting mid-August. It sounds like "Best of" tab will be a really good section and being able to look by topic will be helpful- I guess I'm not compassionate enough to listen to the things that just seem completely off the wall to me (another flaw for another day...)

I know you're right about just getting it together- I sat down yesterday and did a comparison of current financials with the financials a year ago (when I started FPU)- plus also listed some of the other accomplishments of the past year. Definitely helped to put a little fire back in me!! I've slipped a little here and there, but I'm extremely thankful that each of my slips has been caught before it gets too bad- although this is probably the worst slip yet. I get paid next week and am planning to work on the budget over the weekend- to not only get back on track, but try to undo some of this month's damage (starting raiding other envelopes).

Thanks for the response, Aaron! Hope you're doing good at working towards your goals, and the weather is cooperating with your training! I'm starting Half Marathon Training Team the first weekend of August and am having a tough time getting outside to do my training runs with all the heat/humidity :grumble:
  • hallzz
    hallzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to see that there are new members. I am failing miserably at my Dave Ramsey golas - just surviving at the moment. We only have one income and are working on getting my other half a source of income! As soon as that happens I think that we should be able to pick away at the goals again. Sadly I am back to baby step one.

As for MFP - back on track and doing well. I reset my ticker today as it has been showing a 10 pound loss that is a year old. I'm proud to say that I have kept that weight off but I felt like I needed to start over. So here I am trying to improve two important areas of my life.

P.S. - Cyclocross sounds like a lot of fun!
  • Jterpil
    Jterpil Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Back to BS1 due to getting off track over the summer and hours being cut at work recently. Re-read TMMO and looking forward to the new version of FPU but no classes in my area yet. Just joined MFP to change sedentary lifestyle and poor eating habits to date. Where there is a will there is a way :-)
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    I just joined the group! I am an avid DR fan and have been an FPU coordinator 2 times and hope to do another class in January. We are on BS6 and plan on reaching BS7 in April or May. We have been working the plan since 2009.

As for MFP and my weight loss journey. I have lost 20 LBs in the last year. I am in the process of becoming a certified personal trainer. I am a certified group exercise and spinning instructor and I teach classes at the YMCA in my town. I am mostly on MFP to encourage my friends.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Im also back to BS1, I also read the TMMO and listen to dave ramsey on a daily basis.
  • jpburcham
    jpburcham Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well, I went to Dave's "Living a Legacy" Live event last night here in Denver.
    Got to attend the FPU coordinator rally before the actual event.
    About 150 or so FPU Coordinators got a sneak peak at the new 9 week FPU Material.
    As usual, Dave is excited, and always does a great event.
    I'm putting together my dates for the January FPU Start, and pretty Dog-Gone excited about the new shorter classes.

Did anyone else get out in the snow to see Dave?
  • magisy
    Options
    ALMOST there, and sooooooo excited! Actually, at this point, I have the money in the bank- ready and waiting... But, since my boyfriend introduced me to the program, and has been SUPER supporting during the process, I told him I would wait for him since it looks like we should be able to pay off our credit cards at the same time!!!!!! Although, I had to tell him I'll have to go without him if he can't do it by the end of April since that's when I will lose the 0%. So, very excited!

Now I just have to build some excitement about BS 3- for some reason, I'm not really "feeling it" the way I did BS 2. :frown:
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Love Dave Ramsey's FPU and MFP. We have made great strides to change our family tree financially, now my wife and I are working on it physically.
  • magisy
    Options
    As of April 20, BS 1 is DONE!!!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • mamiarellano
    mamiarellano Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Julie. Mom of 4, living in Nebraska right now. Glad to see there's a group for TMMO in all this calorie counting, weight loss site. So many things to do all at once and one focus at a time lol. I haven't taken any classes...read part of one of the books...bought 2 more, just waiting for the mail to rush since it's holiday time. I've lost 44 since starting my weight loss journey back in January (2013)...still so much to lose, but I've been at a plateau for months until I can work on the nutrition side of the healthy lifestyle.

Waiting on tax refund to really get the ball rolling on the finances. Seems we get on track and then start falling off the wagon around August with our finances so aiming to do the DR system this time around since we're wanting long term goals. Hopefully this group is still active. Would love to have something in common with people to actually have conversations with those that can relate to what I'm going through.
  • kymbeez
    kymbeez Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I wanted to introduce myself.... My name is Kym I am mom of a 9 & 12 year old the oldest being autistic. Both of them are suffering from PTSD, from the tornado that hit out town in Washington, IL. on 11/17 Kids are in counseling....We lost everything but 4 bins...

I am a nursing student at 40 years old.... I just finished the TMMO book and we are starting on 1/10 (hubbys 1st paycheck). So BS0 here we come,,,, I have gained so much weight with everything that we are cleaning up our eating and our finances...

Looking forward to getting to know everyone...

Kym
  • trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kym.

I'm so sorry for you having to go through that. ❤️❤️ Here's to a new year, I pray you have much better things ahead!