In need of inspiration.

Options
Symphony2010
Symphony2010 Posts: 50 Member
I need some inspiration. How much weight have you lost so far and how'd u lose it?
Start weight: 421lbs

Replies

• tookeen
    tookeen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I totally know how you feel. I have no words of wisdom for you since I only just started this March 5th so yesterday was one week here for me. I know that if I don't get healthy and lose some of this weight I'm going to be miserable and living on medication for all sorts of ailments related to being obese. Just take a step and make the effort, anything is better than doing nothing. Hopefully both you and I will reap the benefits in the next 6 months of having shed some of this unwanted weight so we can do more of the things we enjoy doing.

I'm just gonna keep at it, log every morsel that I put into my mouth and be very picky about what food I buy. If I can do it so can you!
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    Hey there. I started out at 371 and am down to 306. I didn't lose it fast but it is still a loss.
    It is not a race to lose the weight because that type of mentality can get you into trouble
    by doing things that are unhealthy. I know the feeling of just wanting the weight off already!
    But if it takes longer at least you will still get there. I don't know, maybe you will lose faster
    in a healthier way than I did, everyone is different. Just don't discourage yourself with
    negative thoughts...you can do it! Each step you take being healthier is a step in the right
    direction whether it is small or big. Have an awesome journey ... enjoy the process! :)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I weighed 425 quite a few years ago. I lost some of it with Atkins and some with a dietician, but this was over 5 or more years so it was very gradual. March 23, 2012 I weighed 383 lbs and started Weight Watchers. I've lost 80.8 lbs since then. Starting in April I've switched over to MFP due to my WW meeting closing and if I can figure out the macros/micros/tdee-20% etc I think I'll like it as well.

I've also begun to up my exercise even if it's just walking for 15 minutes a day or while standing I tense and release muscle groups. I figure it's more than I used to do.
  • CGarner41412
    CGarner41412 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i just started this process and this time for good, trust me when I say you will have a lot of bad days but all you can do is keep yourself going! Look in the mirror and tell yourself you are worth it, and if you have a main reason to do it (ie kids, family, certain dress or just being healthy) What I have done is put pictures on my phone or on my fridge, this way if I go to the fridge to eat I see those pictures and walk away.

Add me as a friend and I am here for you if you ever need some help because you are cracking! Trust me I have cracked more than once!
  • tamrod2
    tamrod2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I started 4 weeks ago...all I can say is this has to happen for me. I take one day at a time. The support and people on mfp are awsome.You are not alone...We can do this!!! Set small goals and don't get overwhelmed by the big picture:flowerforyou:
  • emilym820
    emilym820 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    It looks like you're holding a sweet little bundle of inspiration on your lap in your picture. My kids are my biggest inspiration. They mean everything to me and I want to get healthy and to be active so I can be around for a really long time.

I also think that it's easy to get overwhelmed when we have a long way to go, but it's truly all about one day at a time, one meal at a time, one craving at a time. Just making one right decision after another and before you know it you're on your way.

You are a beautiful girl and you're worth it! :happy:
  • roxazaloah
    Options
    Hi all,

I started off at 320+ lbs (saw 320 when I finally decided to do something about my weight, I probably weighed more before then), and to this day I've lost almost 45 lbs. I started in September when I started a new job, and surprisingly lost 4 lbs in a month! It spurred me to try and pack my lunch more and eat better food in general. By no means do I eat completely clean; there are some days when it's hard to resist eating chips or stuff I probably shouldn't have around me.

However, I'm feeling a lot more confident with myself now that I'm a solid 276; I feel like I can continue on. I've been going to the gym semi-regularly and have an exercise bike at home for the days I can't hit the gym. I still need to figure out some sort of a routine to do, but I'm doing this little by little.

It's hard to find the motivation to continue some days, but I think of the progress I've made and find it would be a waste to let myself go again.
  • llabbott77
    Options
    I started a month ago at about 390lbs (I say about because when I started I had difficulty finding a scale with high enough capacity). It isn't easy but it is working. When I get frustrated and/or hungry it might be the same thing, I find inspiration from all of you. I know that everyone here is facing the same challenges (and many times tougher), and that I'm not alone. Seeing how others have stuck through, and what they are and have achieved is so great. So thanks everyone, you may not realize how much your appreciated, but you are all so very inspiring and appreciated.