SOS!!

Options
I need to lose 170 lbs, but I have difficulty exercising. I am on oxygen which is a pain in the butt having to carry all the time, and I can't walk very far. I have COPD, and it is very hard for me to breath when I walk. I also have diabetes, so I really need to lose this nasty mess. Any ideas on what kind of exercise I might be able to do? I've been on my diet for 4 days and am determined to lose ALL this weight!

Replies

• EchoDelta1013
    EchoDelta1013 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Curious, have you considered yoga?
  • deloispeanut
    Options
    No, and that's a great idea!!! Thank you!
  • EchoDelta1013
    EchoDelta1013 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. I use DDP Yoga which combines strength and cardio. I'm sure you'll research what's best for you. Good luck, I'll pray for you :) BTW, I'm an insulin dependent diabetic with limited mobility due to an accident to my feet.
  • Lady_Clarington
    Lady_Clarington Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss!! :)
  • deloispeanut
    Options
    Thank you so much!!
  • deloispeanut
    Options
    I will research and give it a try!
  • cryptobrit
    cryptobrit Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Delois, you might also want to consider Qigong which is a type of Tai Chi, more breathing orientated with slow movements. I have some DVD's from http://www.taichiacademy.com.au/new.php that I bought off Ebay and Amazon here in the UK. I too have COPD (non-smoker) and asthma as well as M.E. and chronic back pain. I am about 10 pounds overweight and it is all around my middle :-(. I know how difficult it is especially when after starting to try and exercise it all goes to pot when having 'bad days'. Don't give up and keep striving: tomorrow is another day.