Life after Body revolution

Options
a_new_dawn
a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
I thought it would be interesting to create a post to share ideas about what to do after you graduate from Body revolution...because let's face it - your health and fitness journey doesn't end when your program has!

Do you plan to do another rotation?

A hybrid?

Other Jillian workouts?

Or something completely different?

Replies

• jennbme24
    jennbme24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, I am just starting out on this weight loss journey but my goal is to be able to go on to Insanity after completing JMBR.
  • bmurray2002
    Options
    Dawn - I was just thinking about this the other day:) I am just about half way thru JMBR. I am not sure where I am going next - what have you been doing? Thanks.
  • kiwi3374
    kiwi3374 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I graduated on saturday and i started to do phase 1 with heavier weights but only work on it for 2 weeks then move on to phase 2. But I also bought jillian extreme shed and shred. I think I will try it out today. I want to try doing something different everyday. I am going to purchase the ab workout so I can work on that too
  • frizbeemom
    frizbeemom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm only on week 2 but I was thinking of this, too. Any recommendations? I thought of Insanity, because I have a friend doing it. Not sure what is next after this, although I don't need to decide until July. :)
  • jordan1221
    jordan1221 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am trying to figure this out too!! I am halfway through week 8. I love this program, but I miss using heavy weights. After this, I am leaning toward P90X Classic Version (if I can find the time....the workouts are at least an hour long....yikes).
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I plan on continuing with Body Revolution a few times a week for maintenance, along with running a few times a week as well.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Dawn - I was just thinking about this the other day:) I am just about half way thru JMBR. I am not sure where I am going next - what have you been doing? Thanks.

It took me a good couple of weeks to decide on what to do next. After committing to such a long program i had a little play around with some other JM's - No more troubles zones, Banish fat boost metabolism and six week 6 pack - but missed being in a dedicated program.

At first i considered doing ChaLEAN Extreme (CLX)... then a ChaLEAN extreme/TurboFire Hybrid.... but then i decided to just have some fun with my workouts for a while and just go it alone with TurboFire - and i'm so glad i did! It's brilliant fun, gives a great burn, and it doesn't even feel like a workout! Initially i thought it was purely cardio, but i was thrilled to find there are resistance (sculpt & tone) and yoga (stretch) classes too. it's just what I've been looking for, i was tiring of Jillian big time after working out with her for a year.

Doing TurboFire first also gives me the opportunity to save up for some adjustable dumbbells, i think these will make my CLX journey so much easier.

I found that my wrists, shoulders and upper back had taken some serious hammering in BR, to the point of me being really achey and my joints cracking and creaking quite alot. TurboFire has been a welcome break from such punishment in these areas, and the stretch 10 class helped me ALOT. I don't think Jillian does enough stretches, or maybe not the right *sort* of stretches to compensate for the strain on your upper body.

I was a complete Jillian freak... but now i have a new best friend... Chalean!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I'm only on week 2 but I was thinking of this, too. Any recommendations? I thought of Insanity, because I have a friend doing it. Not sure what is next after this, although I don't need to decide until July. :)

I did 17 days of Insanity. It deserves it's title, it is some crazy *kitten* cardio but it is do-able.

I left Insanity to do BR because i found it to be so DULL. I didn't like the feel of the workouts at all and it became a chore to do. Everyone's different though, i have friends who are progressing well with it..but personally, it just wasn't for me.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I did about one month of rotating through other Jillian DVD's including Kickbox Fast Fix, NMTZ, and Extreme Shed n Shred. I was purposefully trying to increase my workout time from 35 to 60+ minutes to prepare for Insanity. I am on Day 5 of Month 2 of Insanity. It's a like-hate relationship. With Jillian it was a LOVE-LOVE relationship. After completing Insanity I plan to rotate through a couple weeks of my other Jillian DVD's and then do another round of Body Revolution. I hope to totally smash it the second time doing more of the advanced moves and heaviest weights I have. I will be more open to mixing it up. If my second time at BR is not as engaging for me ( I can't see that being the case) but I will be more flexible and maybe do BR for 3 days and other stuff for 3 days. We shall see..... Right now I just have to get through 60 minutes of the Max Interval Circuit DVD of Insanity tonight, I am not sure that my body will cooperate but I'm sure as **** going to try!
  • bmurray2002
    Options
    Thank you for the info. I did 30 day shred before starting BR and I ordred Ripped in 30 at the same time so I will probably do that next. I will definetly look into the ones you talked about.
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just finished JMBR- first round. Been trying to decide next step. I decided to give Les Mills Pump a try. I ordered the program and will mix up Jillian DVD's until it comes in. I am going to combine C25K with Pump so I am excited to mix things up.
    I plan on doing another round of BR before the end of the year.
    I also have TurboFire so I think I have got a variety to keep me busy for a while!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Bump - in reply to the question on a recently posted similar thread!
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I still needed lower body work after finishing up JMBR, so I did a mix of her killer buns and thighs and 30DS. I really liked it, but REALLY missed JMBR. I plan to repeat the JMBR with heavier weights and more intensity asap!
  • yaybazinga
    yaybazinga Posts: 54
    Options
    after finishing BR last week I decided to do NMTZ as strength training this week and boy is it hard! I used this dvd last year and forgot how hard it is! I'm stronger than last year and use heavier weights now but nothing like the ones on BR.

she does LOTS of super sets on NMTZ! on BR you have maybe two sets in a row for the same muscle groups, in NMTZ it's 4 sets done twice without a cardio break inbetween! I actually had to use the lightest weights I used in the last weeks of BR (2kg which is 4.4 lbs) for the majority of NMTZ because you do a lot of reps in a row! I used 3 kg (6.6 lbs) only a couple of times and my heavy ones (5 kg - 11 lbs) only twice! definitely a different approach to weight training but I like it, it's a nice change and I feel it especially in my abs and arms. I highly recommend it!