Eat before exercise

hdiemondlabbe
hdiemondlabbe Posts: 11 Member
Today I almost passed out...no joke! I came to teach spin at 5:30AM, then went swimming while my clothes were in the wash. The big problem was getting into the hot tub...I had to hold onto the wall to get to the locker room and my towel...headed for my office and downed 8oz of keifer. Lesson: you must eat something before exercising!
What do you think?

Replies

• fitmamajoy
    fitmamajoy Posts: 3 Member
    Before that much exercise, absolutely! Keep in mind that your fasting blood sugar is probably much lower than normal given the detox we are doing.
  • meglbrownct
    meglbrownct Posts: 3 Member
    Yes, I think eating something beforehand is good. Everyone is different, but I must have something - especially if I was going to do something that strenuous.

Plus, I noticed something interesting the other day while tracking my foods. If you look at your goals for nutrition, the goal amount for sugar jumps up when you work out. Makes sense of course, but I didn't realize they accounted for that.

I feel like absolute crap right now. I can't tell if I'm just depressed (which is not a surprise given all that is going on), or that I have almost every symptom of the negative side effects list. Well, maybe I don't smell, but I can't tell.

I am taking the kids for ice cream at friendly's soon (take out - the only "fun" thing we can do with Merry, aside from the park). I may die. My back up plan, if I can't contain myself is having my "Think Thin" Peanut Butter bar - no sugars in it, but has sugar alcohols? and a whole lot of things that are probably not on the good list.

I did stay within my calories, and at or below my target sugars, even with eating out yesterday (no catsup, no bun on burger, didn't eat regular fries that were on the plate, and only had one glass of wine - not bad). Not perfect, but better than if I didn't make an effort...
  • sjda123
    sjda123 Posts: 36 Member
    So I got this invite but not sure what you guys are doing? Sugar detox? Can you explain what I have to do?