Chalean Extreme/Turbofire Hybrid

Options
a_new_dawn
a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
I'm REALLY sorry if this type of Q has been mentioned in a previous thread...

BUT..

I started CLX yesterday after being a Jillian freak since starting out a year ago. I found the burn circuit very strange because i was used to having some some of cardio intervals during my workout - and i really missed them!

I'm now considering doing the CLX/TF Hybrid by Jenelle Summers, and i wanted to ask for opinions on the benefits/drawbacks of the hybrid in comparison to doing the stand alone programs, which is what i had originally planned to do.

thanks in advance!

Replies

• LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I felt the exact same way as you when I did Burn Circuit for the first time (after 6 weeks of Jillian)!! I was missing the cardio and thought it was really strange. BUT do the calendar and you will see the cardio. It's awesome. I usually work out 6x a week instead of 5 and throw in this or that on that 6th day that isn't lifting. I LOVE CLX and am in the Push phase now. I'm thinking of doing a CLX/P90X hybrid after Lean for Life.
  • FitWendi
    FitWendi Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the CLX. I love it but also felt like I needed more cardio. I do the TF HITT workout first as a "warm up" then I do the Circuit workouts.
  • 918lux
    918lux Posts: 4
    Options
    I am in my 3rd week of Lean, I usually add in a longer turbo jam or fire workout on the rest days and shorter one on the lifting days- but not always. After I finish this cycle, I am starting the hybrid from the Turbo Fire book. We'll see how it goes!
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, I decided to go with turbofire as a stand alone program while I save up for some adjustable weights. I'm thinking they will make my CLX journey easier!