Cardio Recovery

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
I actually really enjoyed it lastnight which was weird. I did not like it at all last week. Maybe because of all of the slow controlled movements that are both strength training and stretching at the same time...I dunno. It just felt great on my muscles. Yesterday was my leg day in the gym so the extra squats and lunges sucked a little bit...lol! but it was great.

I hope everyone else is doing great with the workouts!! Feel free to friend me guys. I need more actively logging and motivational peeps in my friend list. :)

Replies

• kels1152
    kels1152 Posts: 74
    Options
    I have not done the cardio recovery yet since I was sick on Tuesday and was in bed all day :(
    But I figured, that became my rest day so today I did the plyo interval. Tomorrow though I plan on doing tomorrows workout that is on the calendar as well as the cardio recovery :)

Rosetears...how many extra workouts are you doing besides insanity? I went for a run today just so I dont lose my running endurance but I kind of want to do some weights too.

Hope everyone is doing amazing! Almost done with week 2 :)
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I have not done the cardio recovery yet since I was sick on Tuesday and was in bed all day :(
    But I figured, that became my rest day so today I did the plyo interval. Tomorrow though I plan on doing tomorrows workout that is on the calendar as well as the cardio recovery :)

Rosetears...how many extra workouts are you doing besides insanity? I went for a run today just so I dont lose my running endurance but I kind of want to do some weights too.

Hope everyone is doing amazing! Almost done with week 2 :)

It's not much "recovery" about it IMO! hahaha It's a good workout though.

In addition to Insanity I do upper body weights on Monday, Lower body weights on Wednesday, and Saturday...my "rest day" from insanity.. I do full body weight lifting. I throw in additional cardio with hill intervals walking ont he treadmill occassionally if I have a little extra energy. :)

I can't believe week 2 is almost done already!!!!
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Rose is a machine!!!!

Cardio recovery is tough for me. It is a break from the cardio yes, but the stretching is always hard for me. My muscles definitely feel better after stretching though. I have already seen some improvement in how far I can stretch. I run a lot so my hamstrings are definitely benefiting!!

Last night was tough for me. I wanted to snack a lot. Instead I started looking at before and after photos. Anyone else struggle in the evenings with snacking?
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Meeee!! Me! MEEEEEEE!!! I have an awful time with the urge to snack at night. Especially if I have nothing to do other than sit and watch TV or a movie, I want to chew on something, even when I'm not hungry. The urge is slowly lessening as time goes on with my new healthy eating habits, but it's a strong mental urge that's hard to get over for sure.
  • nikkidoll80
    nikkidoll80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I must be "INSANE" because I did not really enjoy the cardio recovery. I know that it is needed but I miss the fast paced work out. I was actually kind of bored so hopefully I will grow to love it.

I know that I will be eating my words tonight after I go to boot camp.

I also struggle with snacking so I try to keep myfitnesspal visible to me at all times so I will be reminded that I am trying to achieve something. If I do snack, then, I choose wisely.

Since I have been drinking lots of water the urge is going away. Before, I was not a big water drinker and constantly misunderstood my body's request for water with requests for food.
  • xxowenscharxx
    xxowenscharxx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree with the snacking in the evenings - though the last few days Ive noticed I'm not as hungry after Ive eaten dinner so I'm not sure if it helps by just trying not to snack! Usually if I get hungry though I'll either have a banana or some sugar free jelly - that helps with the sweet cravings! It looks as though everyone is doing well though :)
    I'm on rest day of week 2 and on to week 3 tomorrow! Here's to another positive week xx