Introductions

Options
13»

Replies

• grlygrl123
    grlygrl123 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am a little late to this party as I just started yesterday, the 17th. I have been looking into it for a few weeks and decided to just jump in head first and go for it.

Since January I have lost around 30 pounds through clean eating and lower carb diet. I have been avoiding most grains for a long while with the exception of rice maybe once a week and pasta maybe once a month so this isn't horribly new to me. It is the dairy that's going to throw me for a loop! I love my yogurt!

I am hoping that this will help me get rid of these last 20 pounds of flab and help me fully embrace the paleo lifestyle. Glad to find this group :)
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am a little late to this party as I just started yesterday, the 17th. I have been looking into it for a few weeks and decided to just jump in head first and go for it.

All are welcome!
  • iheartiscream
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

I have a question regarding snacking in between meals for the Whole 30.

I am used to eating 5 meals a day Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner.

Any suggestions? Snacking on nuts/veggies ok?

To introduce myself: I started the Whole 30 (limiting fruit) Monday 4/15 because I want the lifestyle change of eating better.
    I also want to lose weight. From 2009-2012 I lost a total of 76 lbs and was so content at my 140 lbs that I started eating bad here and there and continued to workout thinking I'd see results still. I have gained back about 35-40 lbs and I want to lose it in a healthy manner.

I plan on joining Crossfit mid-May and go full on Paleo.

Here for support/ideas :smile:
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

I have a question regarding snacking in between meals for the Whole 30.

I am used to eating 5 meals a day Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner.

Any suggestions? Snacking on nuts/veggies ok?

To introduce myself: I started the Whole 30 (limiting fruit) Monday 4/15 because I want the lifestyle change of eating better.
    I also want to lose weight. From 2009-2012 I lost a total of 76 lbs and was so content at my 140 lbs that I started eating bad here and there and continued to workout thinking I'd see results still. I have gained back about 35-40 lbs and I want to lose it in a healthy manner.

I plan on joining Crossfit mid-May and go full on Paleo.

Here for support/ideas :smile:

I personally don't stick to the 3 meals/day thing all the time. If you workout, they suggest a pre and post-workout meal which adds up to 5 meals/day... so there's that. Also, I just make sure that my "snacks" are balanced (fat, protein, carbs). I typically use something tuna salad or chicken salad for "snacks". I try to make sure that my snacks are purposeful and not mindless (ie. eating something just because it's there or I'm bored...etc.)

*edited to fix silly spelling error
  • iheartiscream
    Options
    I have been working out so this is very helpful. I'll definitely make sure it's not mindless eating and balanced.

Thank you!!