What's in a voice?

Options

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Voices seem to be important to me. In fact, 90% of the music I listen to is from male singers, there's not a lot of female singer I can listen to :laugh:

I prefer a rich, deep voice or along those line. I've met a guy last month who has a great voice plus a french accent (in french of course, because i'm a french speaker for those who wouldn't know by now), it gets me every time :smokin:

I don't really listen to female singers either!!

And Ruth, Josh Turner really does have a sexy voice...same with Chris Young. Love them both!

Now Eric Church I cannot stand his voice. Way to nasal and high pitched.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Ruth, Christine... Look up Christine Kane. He is an actor slash country singer.. Go listen to whiskey on my mind... Oh the things I would do to that man lol
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Voices seem to be important to me. In fact, 90% of the music I listen to is from male singers, there's not a lot of female singer I can listen to :laugh:

I'm the same. I dont like listening to female singers or comedienne's!! :noway:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I prefer female singers usually because I like to sing along to the music.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

I prefer a rich, deep voice or along those line. I've met a guy last month who has a great voice plus a french accent (in french of course, because i'm a french speaker for those who wouldn't know by now), it gets me every time :smokin:

I don't really listen to female singers either!!

And Ruth, Josh Turner really does have a sexy voice...same with Chris Young. Love them both!

Now Eric Church I cannot stand his voice. Way to nasal and high pitched.

He is one of my favorites! Haha

And yes I have heard of Christian Kane but I will go refresh myself later lol
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I dont like a man with a feminine voice or feminine vocal mannerisms. permanent sexual turn off. yes, forever.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I don't really mind the pitch of the voice per se but some accents I hear really put me off ( mainly scouse... no offence).
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I don't really mind the pitch of the voice per se but some accents I hear really put me off ( mainly scouse... no offence).

Are you a Brit Dio?? Didnt realise........:)

And why dont you show us your face??? I dare you!! :bigsmile:
  • fullofwhimsy
    Options
    Oooh I love a sexy voice. Higher pitched and nasal on a man is a turn off for me.
    But I also like "guy" voices, and not super deep old man raspy voices. Well not to date, anyway.

Not a deal breaker though.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I looooove deep voices. They make me rumble in my bits.

I am probably in the minority here but most of the time French accents have the opposite effect on me 8( (Sorry Flim, wherever you are).
  • diodelcibo
    Options

Are you a Brit Dio?? Didn't realise........:)

And why dont you show us your face??? I dare you!! :bigsmile:

Indeed I am.

Dares only work when a bottle has been spun...
  • yoovie
    Options
    tumblr_m31rpvW0mr1r49l3lo1_250.gif
  • baraccus
    baraccus Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love accents in a woman to be honest, and and certain voices get me worked up just listening to them!

I dated a girl once who would purposely call and wake me up early in the morning because my early morning voice is seemingly turn-on central haha!! But I'm a fan of my voice usually... admittedly it sounds sexier when I wake up and it's like an octave lower lol!
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    I don't care what it sounds like, as long as I like what it's saying.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    I wouldn't say that its a deal breaker for me, I've never not liked a guy because of his voice... that said, I am attracted/unattracted to certain voice things:
    My ex-fiance was from Argentina- he didn't speak English fluently, but was taking classes and asked me to help with his pronounciation. He started reading off a paragraph that he had learned and I was blown away with how much more attractive he was lol.
    I normally don't like guys voices who are in the military... lol sounds like they have been yelling.
    And, because I'm in the south, there are a few great looking guys that I know that talk reallllllly slowwww. It's annoying to have a conversation with them.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    tumblr_m31rpvW0mr1r49l3lo1_250.gif

hahaha! Nice one Yoovie!! :laugh:

Your call Dio!!! :wink:
  • yoovie
    Options
    Ive already seen his face ♥ he gets a pass; he knows Im just being a smartass.
  • diodelcibo
    Options
    Ive already seen his face ♥ he gets a pass; he knows Im just being a smartass.

Shhh... What is this face one speaks of ?
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

I prefer female singers usually because I like to sing along to the music.

See, i'm the opposite, can't sing along female voices :laugh: Just don't have that kind of voice :smokin:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I like unique sounding female singers. I'm a big fan of Regina Spektor and Imogen Heap because they're not afraid to sound "weird" and use their voice as an actual instrument, breaking away from the standard "this is how pretty sounds" that I think is so boring. Most of my favorite musicians are the same way. My favorite bands (Fair To Midland) lead singer is capable of sounding like completely different people throughout a single song and that's incredible to me. Fortunately that's not the only thing that attracts me to a band or I'd have a very narrow music collection.

As for comedians I think that women have actually progressed a lot and finally are moving away from "MY BOYFRIEND DOESN'T UNDERSTAND MY PERIOD" jokes that only make sense to other women (and even then, barely).