New to the group

Options
Hi there!

I have been doing atkins on/off for 3 years, and now looking to stay on it! I know it works, but always about 5-6 weeks in, I cave. Looking for ideas on new foods, and maybe to make new friends! I'm 45, female, and looking to lose between 75-100 lbs in total.

Replies

• CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi Ph, welcome back to this woe! I usually cave before the end of induction :ohwell: I've been slacking off due to every possible excuse, but I'm thinking about going back to induction levels to start losing.
    We know it works and sometimes use the excuse of lack of variety, but there is plenty variety eating LC. I do sometimes miss fruit, but I know I'll be able to add some of the low glycemic fruit back to my diet down the road. We are of similar age and weight loss goals, so we can keep each other in check!
  • ljb304
    ljb304 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group and this woe too. I'm not new to mfp been here nearly two years. Hoping this is the answer I've been looking for. My biggest challenge is I don't eat many veggies, especially lettuce, so that makes it difficult. Would love to have some new friends on this journey. Feel free to add me! :happy:

eta: changed my username back in Jan, so it looks like I'm kind new, but I"m not! :wink:
  • Phx99
    Phx99 Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi Ph, welcome back to this woe! I usually cave before the end of induction :ohwell: I've been slacking off due to every possible excuse, but I'm thinking about going back to induction levels to start losing.
    We know it works and sometimes use the excuse of lack of variety, but there is plenty variety eating LC. I do sometimes miss fruit, but I know I'll be able to add some of the low glycemic fruit back to my diet down the road. We are of similar age and weight loss goals, so we can keep each other in check!

Great to meet you!! I only cave because of the "why can't I have that" mentality and it happens every 5-6 weeks. I'm thinking with someone to chat to, and hold myself more accountable, I can break through that mental block. I'm finding the food on this site not quite right with the fiber counts, so it will be a pain double checking everything for a while, but I think it will be worth it.
  • Phx99
    Phx99 Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm new to the group and this woe too. I'm not new to mfp been here nearly two years. Hoping this is the answer I've been looking for. My biggest challenge is I don't eat many veggies, especially lettuce, so that makes it difficult. Would love to have some new friends on this journey. Feel free to add me! :happy:

eta: changed my username back in Jan, so it looks like I'm kind new, but I"m not! :wink:

Great to meet you! I will add you, and maybe we can help each other out! :)
  • livinglc
    livinglc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome to the group. There are several people on the site that have great advice and it looks like some of my favorites have already replied to you. I've been on Low carb, mostly Atkins, for over a year and a half. I've been on maintenance for six months and trying to lose the last few # of my goal. Atkins was like a miracle for me. I'm like most people in USA...for decades on low fat "so called healthy diet", and even with a two year stretch of exercising45min 4 times a week, I couldn't lose even the first five pounds.
    Low carb started working almost immediately and I experienced a very slow constant weight loss of a pound a week. I wish you the best of luck.