Our First Challenge - Results 4/18/2013

Options
When you have completed your first challenge, post what your challenge was and what your result was. Be Honest!!!!

Replies

• missharleychick
    Options
    Today, my challenge was to run 4 miles in 45 minutes instead of 50 minutes. I TRIED so hard, I thought I was going to pass out! I did it in 48 minutes...boo!!!!
  • cmbartos170
    cmbartos170 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did it. 10 minutes on the elliptical. I am so out of shape that I had to stop over and over...it actually took me close to 20 minutes to do 10 minutes on the machine but i did it! I also had a salad for dinner instead of a burger and fries. trying to make one step at a time, one decision at a time.
  • missharleychick
    Options
    I did it. 10 minutes on the elliptical. I am so out of shape that I had to stop over and over...it actually took me close to 20 minutes to do 10 minutes on the machine but i did it! I also had a salad for dinner instead of a burger and fries. trying to make one step at a time, one decision at a time.
    [/quote

That is Amazing!!!! I am so proud of you!!! Woot Woot! Don't you feel great??? Now your goal should be tomorrow, do 10 minutes again, until you are doing the 10 minutes straight through!!!!
  • cricketdc
    cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Cricket reporting results of her hard work. Walked/jogged the tracks 400 meters X 10 or 2.5 miles. very very brisk pace. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I feel so good last Sunday I walked 2 miles. I will maintain this pace Sunday - Tuesdays and Thursdays for 1 more week until I can jog the entire time.
  • krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Mine is a small step, I have turned into a couch tater. I have set a goal to get off of it, and for the past 5 days I have gotten something around the house fixed/repaired every day. 2 things accomplished, becoming less of a couch tater lost thus lost a couple pounds, and getting some of the items in the house that need addressed, fixed. Gotta start some somewhere folks, right?
  • walkbyfaith0314
    Options
    I bombed the first challenge.

I did the full 30 minutes of my Mommy Fit type workout. However, I didn't do the full 45 minutes of Zumba. However, I did suffer through my first day of 30 day Shred, so that might count for something.
  • mamakeke22
    mamakeke22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    today my goal was to walk 1 mile. I walked 1.2 miles. woohoo
  • sophieburningham
    sophieburningham Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My goal lately has been focusing on my swimming times. This week my aim was to do 20 lengths in 25 minutes. I achieved this both Monday and today, Mondays time was 23 minutes, but I was a bit more tired today and did it dead on 25 minutes, but I was focusing on my breathing a bit more today rather than speed.

My next goal for swimming is to try and cut the breaks between lengths :)
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I did not make my goal yesterday :( My challenge was to do an Insanity Workout. I got a tetanus shot on Wednesday and my arm was throbbing as well as my head, so I ended up icing it, taking an advil, and resting. Still sore and huge but hopefully it goes down today! :)
  • tinapunch
    tinapunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well....I did not resist the tiny bit of ice cream that SOMEONE left in the freezer......Actually, it was low fat frozen yogurt, but you know - sweets are sweets!!!

However, I did run 30 minutes this morning and did an upper body workout, so I feel good!!! Looking forward to our 20/75 challenge!!! Hope ya'll have a great day!!! Good luck to everyone for our big start on Sunday......I know I'll be checking in for motivation and will be happy to motivate anyone who needs it!
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I did my challenge yesterday; even though the whole way home I was telling myself "Its late, you have to get up early... it is ok to skip it" I ignored that voice, parked my car and hopped out ona big hill. Power walked up that B!tch and back down the other side - 15 minute pre-bed walk, COMPLETE!
    ...are we doing personal challenges again today? I am already trying to think of what to do LOL
  • missharleychick
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Cricket reporting results of her hard work. Walked/jogged the tracks 400 meters X 10 or 2.5 miles. very very brisk pace. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I feel so good last Sunday I walked 2 miles. I will maintain this pace Sunday - Tuesdays and Thursdays for 1 more week until I can jog the entire time.

That is awesome!!!! Woot Woot!
  • missharleychick
    Options
    I did my challenge yesterday; even though the whole way home I was telling myself "Its late, you have to get up early... it is ok to skip it" I ignored that voice, parked my car and hopped out ona big hill. Power walked up that B!tch and back down the other side - 15 minute pre-bed walk, COMPLETE!
    ...are we doing personal challenges again today? I am already trying to think of what to do LOL

LOL! This makes me so happy!!!! Great Job.. and yes I have an idea for the challenges...I am going to create a new post!!!
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My challenge was to do 45 mins Billy Blanks Insane Abs workout and I did it but I added 15 mins extra for strength training :):happy:
  • CW101
    CW101 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I did my challenge yesterday by getting a short walk in before picking up the kids - 15 minutes. And I cooked a healthy dinner (instead of ordering in) and stopped when I was 'comfortable' as opposed to eating that extra drumstick because it tasted so good! I also ignored the leftover easter chocolate...which the ultimate challenge for me!
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I did my challenge yesterday! Yep--2 large beers and some loaded nachos for our date night. I knew that challenge would be easy:) LOL

Up early this morning, 20 minutes running on my treadmill at 8 minute miles, then 30DS before work. I don't feel soooo bad about the nachos now, OK maybe a little!!
  • missharleychick
    Options
    My challenge was to do 45 mins Billy Blanks Insane Abs workout and I did it but I added 15 mins extra for strength training :):happy:

Great Job! Makes me excited and motivated!!
  • missharleychick
    Options
    I did my challenge yesterday! Yep--2 large beers and some loaded nachos for our date night. I knew that challenge would be easy:) LOL

Up early this morning, 20 minutes running on my treadmill at 8 minute miles, then 30DS before work. I don't feel soooo bad about the nachos now, OK maybe a little!!

What I would give for 2 very large beers.... For me they are off limits. :) However, great job with running! I cannot do a mile in 8 minutes!!!!! Way to do with the 30DS!!! Keep it up! Today is new day, new chance to eat well! :)
  • Emily3456
    Emily3456 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I challenged myself not to eat back my workout calories post work out.... I ate back only 54 of them... not too shabby, but not perfect!
  • missharleychick
    Options
    I did my challenge yesterday by getting a short walk in before picking up the kids - 15 minutes. And I cooked a healthy dinner (instead of ordering in) and stopped when I was 'comfortable' as opposed to eating that extra drumstick because it tasted so good! I also ignored the leftover easter chocolate...which the ultimate challenge for me!

Temptations are the worst! With kids and a career, it is so easy to eat out. Trust, me we did that a lot prior to this past Sunday when I changed things. Its hard, convenience is a diet killer. And awesome with skipping the chocolate, trust me I know how that goes!!!! Lastly, my friend and I were just talking about our "indicator". Ensuring to stop eating when that signal goes off...instead of stuffing ourselves to oblivion! You made some excellent choices yesterday, keep it up!