Week 6 day 1

Options
AmbyrJayde
AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
I don't understand this day... you go from a 20 minute run back down to 5r 3w 8r 3w 5r

Day 2 makes more sense progressively, 2 ten minute runs separated, but even then it seems like it could really just repeat 20 minutes a few times or maybe like 2 15 minute runs separated by a 3 or 5 minute walk...

Anyway after all that rambling I just wanted to ask is there any particular reason it seems to jump back to intervals when it seems like you wouldn't need them any more?

And would it hurt to skip it?

Replies

• fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My guess is.. Now that you have the endurance (and you know you do!) you can try to run faster. It also might be kind of like a rest day.. You know. Some people run 3 days a week and how its laid out is: Day 1 - Easy 2 miles, Day 2 - Moderate 3 miles, Day 3 - Hard 6 miles

While they know they can run 6 miles each of those days, the two easier days are to give the body some additional rest so they can really push that one day and not burn themselves out.
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It is to give you time to recover as well as continue to work on pacing. A lot of people find it to be MUCH harder than they expected. Dont skip it.
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    update (lol): I didn't skip it this morning, but I still felt like I needed more so I then did day two if week six right after, felt good and tired after that lol

edit for auto correct gibberish
  • emzilee
    emzilee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why but I actually found W6D1 to be a massive struggle, even though W5D3 wasn't so bad.

Between W5D2 and W5D3 I did my own thing for a while because I thought I wasn't ready for 20 minutes straight... I was doing 12 minutes x 2, or 15 mins/6 mins/5mins.

But for some reason, the 5/8/5 was a massive strug!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I, personally, think it's there to be a pain in the rear. I was so demotivated by the time I had to do my second run that it was just easier to run continuously on the following days.

All kidding aside, I'm sure it's there for a reason and I wouldn't skip it.
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I just came back from doing W6D1 and really enjoyed it. I ran it at a faster pace than im used to and used it as time to practice on improving my form. it kicked my butt. I felt it was harder than W5D3 because I did that pretty slow and wasnt even tired after.