ISO NROL4W Friends on MFP

Options
J_Dragonfly
J_Dragonfly Posts: 15 Member
Hi ladies,

I joined MFP in January, and have lost 19 lbs so far using an "eat less, move more" approach. I didn't like the "eat less" part of that equation, though... I tend to get kinda grumpy when I am consuming too few calories!

After looking for a better way, I started NROL4W on April 1 and I love it! Everything from the book pretty much rings true for me... Since starting NROL4W, my focus has shifted from the scale to my body fat percentage. I got in a Bod Pod last week, and my BF% is 32.1. Yikes! Looking to drop into the lean category ~ 19-22% ~ in a healthy and sustainable way. And, I'm looking for support ~ I would love some adds...

A bit about me: I'm 32, married, and have 1-year-old twins (today is their birthday!). I tend to be a pretty optimistic person. On MFP, my motto is "Be a good friend to have a good friend." I try to spend some time every day encouraging the people with whom I'm connected on MFP. Hit me up if you'd like to connect!

Best,
J_Dragonfly

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    Those must be your infants in your avatar - CUTE AS HECK! (Happy birthday babies!!)

Am glad you are loving NROL4W....I think it's an awesome program! I also have done the first 2/3 of NROL4Abs, and the first phase of NROL4Life. I've bought "supercharged", but am not interested in a "design your own" program, right now.

I, too, am looking to get <20%....not there, yet (and I've been heavy lifting for about 19 months, although the first 3 months were with machines....)
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am starting on Monday and would love to have friends that are also doing the nrwl4w. Very excited to get started!
  • lazyjane75
    lazyjane75 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm mid-way through stage 3 since starting the program in January. This is my first experience with heavy lifting and I love it so far.

Congrats on the progress you have already made. Having two toddlers myself, I know it must have been difficult. But the twins aspect must add an additional layer.

Happy birthday to your little guys!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I have just started last Saturday, and I am still intimidated by the big boys in the weight room. I must look quite ridiculous with my tiny weights next to them :D but I do enjoy doing the programme. Would be nice to get some friends that are doing it as well :)
  • athenalove46
    athenalove46 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have some friends doing NROLFW as well! I am on stage 1 Workout B 5....hoping to finish stage 1 soon!
  • JackieA47
    JackieA47 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm just reading through the book and familiarising myself with the workouts so would love to be friends with other people who are doing/have done the same to encourage and share tips etc. I'm on here everyday and always try to comment when I see it and offer any advice if I can. I'm hoping to start next week, Mon 22nd April. Am excited as heard so much good stuff but am scared about going in the big boys weights room!! :)
  • Marga40
    Marga40 Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm planning on starting this Monday the 22nd as well. I'm using the weight room in my building, which is mostly nautilus machines, but there are two weight benches and all kinds of props. I'm less nervous about being there than I am about doing this right, trying not to hurt myself, etc. I'm also right in the middle of C25K, and I'm not going to be stopping that, so I'm worried about getting appropriate rest days, as that seems to be the key to all of this. Anyway, I've never done any kind of weight training at all, and I could definitely use some support!
  • cphaneuf16
    cphaneuf16 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the longer version of Stage 1 right now, and have another week or two left. Feel free to friend me!

I had started C25K in January and did it religiously until I started NROL4W... then it fell by the wayside because my rest days from lifting are too hectic to work out. BUT!!! I had already signed up for a 5K and it's this Saturday. GULP! I've managed to run twice in the past month!
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    FRed you! I am a mom of six doing NROLFW and I happen to have twins too :)