So I lost sleep last night....literally... (Our Group Plan)

Options
Because I am so excited over the overwhelming response to this group! When I created it, I seriously thought I might be able to get 20 people to join, but we are almost at 120 at the time of posting this! I have so many ideas to keep our group active, fit and fun! Here they are....

1. COMMITMENT: Everyday I will have a "COMMITMENT - <DATE>" thread. Yes, everyday. The purpose of the thread will be to share with everyone what your diet\fitness goals are for the day. It doesn't matter if you post the same thing every day because the point is to show our physical activity, drive and determination. The catch? You have to keep your commitment, you owe it to yourself. You deserve to meet your goal. (If it is your day off from fitness, post that and explain why. It is my day off because I worked out the previous 3 days and need a resting day, for example.) The goal is to allow others to see how you are managing your plan.

2. CHALLENGES: Twice a week we will have a "CHALLENGE - <DATE>" thread. What days you ask? Well that will be a surprise. The challenge will be to set a higher goal than what you already had planned for that day. There is NO challenge too high or too small. Do you normally run 3 miles? Run 3.25, or heck run 5. Do you normally take 10 breaks during workouts? Take 8 or 5 instead. The point is you set your challenge, you decide, you take control. Do you know what will happen when you meet your challenge? You just raised the bar for yourself and that feels great! So look out for the CHALLENGES and the CHALLENGES RESULTS thread twice a week. Don't forget to update the group on your results...and be HONEST!

3. SATURDAY TREAT DAY: I officially declare Saturdays as a day to splurge a little. Does that mean to skip your workout, or go ape shi*? No, absolutely not but we all deserve to reward ourselves. If you are serious about your commitment, please no cheating during the week. Every Saturday will be a "EXPLAIN YOUR SATURDAY TREAT" thread. This is where we can explain how we rewarded ourselves. For example, I LOVE Starbucks Frappucino's, immensely. They are off limits to me while on this plan. However, I can reward myself on Saturday and perhaps instead of a Venti, I get a Tall. DON'T GO OVERBOARD AND SET YOURSELF BACK. However, DO reward yourself IF you have been committed. (It will be fun to read our treats and our explanations of euphoria lol.)

4. WEIGH IN: Every Sunday there will be a "WEIGH IN - <DATE>" thread. The thread will also contain these details, but each person will need to provide several pieces of information such as weight, measurements (if you are taking measurements), goal and pounds lost.
a. In addition, for those participating in the weekly pictures, a thread will be posted reminding the team to send in a similar picture (same pose, same angle) for that given week so that we can continue to track progress visually.

5. MODERATOR: Lastly, as mentioned I am a mom of 3 (6.5, 4.5 and 6 mos), I have a full time career and home I have to take care of. Every single one of us has a life, whether it is kids, spouse, career...we are all busy. Every week I will post a thread called "MODERATOR - WEEK OF <DATE>" and this is where I am looking for volunteers to do exactly what I would do, but do it on their assigned days. I need two volunteers a day. There are only 75 days in our plan, we have over 100 members. If each person can sign up once during the life of this plan, the commitment to be a "Moderator" is very small. So what exactly would a "Moderator" do? Easy...

a. Ensure that the daily "COMMITMENT" thread is posted.
b. Ensure to be an active "poster" that day, responding to team members, giving encouragement, keep the group alive. (This ensures that at least 2 people are encouraging our team members on a daily basis.) Anyone is welcome to post any day on anything, but I want to ensure a minimum amount of posters daily.

I will manage the "CHALLENGE" days and being the moderator every Sunday. Sundays is when we "Weigh In", Treat Day, Pictures (for those participating) and schedule moderators for the following week. I can commit to doing that every Sunday for the next 75 days.

So this is a lot to start with, but it will be fun, challenging and realistically hard at times. If being on a fitness and diet plan was easy, boards like this wouldn't exist and everyone would be skinny and fit. :)

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Have a fabulous day everyone!!!

Replies

• warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I love this; all of it so far!! You have some great ideas here!
    I don't have the internet at home, just the app on my phone... so commiting to moderate would be a tough one for me. BUT I am more than happy to help with 'odd jobs' or thinking up ideas, etc. :) I'll help in any small ways I can
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being so committed to this group! You must have really thought this out:)

Personally, I cannot use Sunday as a treat day, simply because I start day one of P90X on Sunday......so Saturday will be XStretch or rest day. I will use Saturday as my treat day due to my P90X schedule......I will put my "treat day" thoughts/expressions in the daily commitment threat. Is this OK?

I think once we get going, we'll know who the committed members will be, and Moderator will be easier to plan. I think active members will be posting and encouraging naturally. I'm willing to take a specific date if you want to give me one for Moderator?
  • Sally45drum
    Sally45drum Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm am really new to this site and am still trying to figure out how to do simple things, like respond to posts :embarassed:

I love your ideas and am in.
  • missharleychick
    Options
    Thank you for being so committed to this group! You must have really thought this out:)

Personally, I cannot use Sunday as a treat day, simply because I start day one of P90X on Sunday......so Saturday will be XStretch or rest day. I will use Saturday as my treat day due to my P90X schedule......I will put my "treat day" thoughts/expressions in the daily commitment threat. Is this OK?

I think once we get going, we'll know who the committed members will be, and Moderator will be easier to plan. I think active members will be posting and encouraging naturally. I'm willing to take a specific date if you want to give me one for Moderator?

You know what, now that I think of it I think the treat day should be on a Saturday. You know after a official week of working out. I think I will change it to Saturday. If anyone chooses another day, all I will ask is that nothing is posted until the treat day post so that we don't deter our hard workers...
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan.
  • brina1977
    brina1977 Posts: 14
    Options
    I agree on the Saturday cheat day. I have way more opportunities to cheat on Saturday than Sunday!
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Very well thought out. Excited to be a part of the group! I'm all for cheating on Saturday.
  • tameekag
    tameekag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited!! I will help moderate when my turn comes around. Let me know!:smile:
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Super Excited about this! I can't always post on Saturdays or Sundays though because I don't always have access to a computer on the weekends and use my mobile phone. But, I am committed! I am excited. Let me know if there is anything else I can do! :)

26406650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • rosawash
    rosawash Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited!
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I found this website 3 days ago and I am glad I found this group before you started the challenge. It sounds like you have put in a lot of thought into this and I am really excited. I would be happy to be a moderator for a day.

The plan looks great and treat day on Saturday sounds good.
  • KathleenSweetie
    KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow, great ideas! Sign me up as a moderator for a day - Let me know what day you pick for me. :smile:
  • omari2013
    omari2013 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi everyone, not sure if I introduced myself. I am Omari from Atlanta:) I think this is awesome!! And I agree that your committment is becoming contagious and is exactly what we all need. I am volunteering in advance for the moderator slot when it is needed. Just tell me what needs to be done, and I will do it. I am soooo ready for this and it sounds like everyone else who has found and joined this group is also. Go 20/75!!
  • Maxieboy123
    Options
    I'm am really new to this site and am still trying to figure out how to do simple things, like respond to posts :embarassed:

I love your ideas and am in.
  • Maxieboy123
    Options
    I'm new too as you can see from my messed up responses. Need help with community piece, where's best place to look?
  • omari2013
    Options
    Is anyone from the Atlanta area by chance?
  • omari2013
    Options
    Maxie..think you have to go under community. Find the group and follow the thread to add your posts....:smile:

Not sure how you get in box messages though. Question for the group will we be using group messages for our inboxes?
  • cricketdc
    cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello I can volunteer to be a moderator for a day. My rest day is Friday, the day before my personal trainer works me to death LOL!!
  • mcarden86
    mcarden86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Melissa from central Alabama here, and happy to find this group just in time! :)
  • chocol8e
    chocol8e Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks for all of your hard work! I can moderate for a day as well, and great call on the Saturday cheat day :happy: