Increasing weights within a stage

Options
jaz050465
jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
I found when doing burn, I increased my weights throughout the month a lot. With push however and didnt seem to be able. Just starting Lean and wondering what to do. What have others found.

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I dropped the weights down in lean - it's different and a lot more reps....Did up it with both push and burn...Have fun!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I mean as you progress through the four weeks of a stage.
  • denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I found I used the same amount of weight throughout Lean.
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am in my first week of Push and I plan to do the same as what I did in Burn...which was notate the lifts that I felt I could go heavier on and which ones I failed at before the 10-12 or 6-8 reps. The whole point is muscle failure, so if you could do more than recommended reps, go heavier. Nothing wrong with increasing weights during a stage.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I am in my first week of Push and I plan to do the same as what I did in Burn...which was notate the lifts that I felt I could go heavier on and which ones I failed at before the 10-12 or 6-8 reps. The whole point is muscle failure, so if you could do more than recommended reps, go heavier. Nothing wrong with increasing weights during a stage.

I was concerned that I WASN'T increasing weight within a stage.
  • 918lux
    918lux Posts: 4
    Options
    I felt like Push really motivated me to up my weights and even bought new dumbbells. When I started Lean, I had to drop down to a weight between Burn and Push because of the compound exercises and the higher reps.
  • dwn2erth
    dwn2erth Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I found when doing burn, I increased my weights throughout the month a lot. With push however and didnt seem to be able. Just starting Lean and wondering what to do. What have others found.

I am only in Burn sessions but I'm on the third week. I've been adding cardio along with them and find I might be working 'too' much as I'm not increasing the weights as much as I did the first and second week. Maybe the push session is just a little more challenging and expecting to stay at the same weights 'is' a good thing!!!