Introduction.... Zombies, Run! 5k Training

Options
2»

Replies

• kleemacable
    kleemacable Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just heard about this app today so I'm starting it tomorrow morning. I was up to week 2 of another C25K but am seriously lacking motivation; if an apocalypse isn't enough to get me moving I may as well resign myself to being bait.

I'm in Melbourne, Australia and I'd like to run a 5k when the marathon season starts up again (we're heading into winter). I'm starting on a treadmill because exercising in public terrifies me!

Nice to meet you all!

- Kerry :)
  • basicjim
    basicjim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good to meet you too, Kerry! I bet you'll have fun with the app! Well, I bet it will be more fun than running without it!

Did you get the app and start?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Today is Week 2 Day 2, and boy, for an overweight beginning runner, I have mentally cursed at the Dr a lot. A lot. But I'm still going with it, I'm not giving up. I looked at C25K, and I saw the Zombies, Run app on their website, and as I figured, this is entertaining enough to keep me engaged, the website stats keeps me trying to do good to see how well I did.... or how slow. :D I can't wait till they have me going out and doing stuff, and 'graduating' to the other Zombies, Run apps. I run at work during the first part of my lunch break (not a morning person to get up early for it), so it's also fun to tell coworkers I'm off for my zombie training.
  • amtzfamly
    amtzfamly Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi All!

Didn't know this group existed. Just finished Week 7 Workout 3. Love this app.
  • phoenix3050
    Options
    Hi all, I just started the app a few weeks ago but am really trying to get into it now that I'm finishing up a semester in school. I have both the full app and the ZR!5K. After mission 1 on the full app (which is the same as the intro in ZR!5K), I decided I needed to get in better shape so today I just finished W1D1. I loved it! I've tried to do C25K three times, got bored, couldn't keep up, or just flat out injured myself.

Can't wait to go out again before it gets too hot here. Hate being a fat runner, but I have to start somewhere. :)
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I had no idea they had this app. I am stoked to try it tonight!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 - DONE!
  • kleemacable
    kleemacable Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been loving the program and haven't found myself dreading the workouts at all. I struggled with W3D1 though and then had a week off with the flu. Started back again today but re-ran W2D3 instead of progressing. The ZombieLink site now has the option to manually record your distances if you run on a treadmill which is cool; no more blank spots on my logs :)
  • zinatara
    zinatara Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm Hilde and I did my first day og zombies, Run! 5k today. Hopefully I'm going to be able to do this!
  • PoisonElix
    PoisonElix Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I just completed the intro today. Im not much for running but it got me going for a few seconds at least. I was surprised that I made it without wanting so say nope and jump off 15 mins in. Im exited to do my first actual day tomarow.