erm really.....?

Options
Hiya

I posted a few days ago to say I had started on my TDEE - 20% this week as have been stuck at the same weight for months and I got some great advice from you guys.

Anyway Saturdays are my official weigh in day at the gym. I started eating TDEE - 20% on Tuesday.. weighed in today and Im down 2lbs !! Im delighted obviously but is it normal to see a change so quickly?? I know a couple of people suggested a reset as my metablolism may have been screwed from eating under BMR for so long but Im hoping this means that it wont be necessary. I guess I should just wait and see what happens over the next few weeks but was just after some opinions or similar experiences - I cant believe that eating more for 4 days has made me lose 2lbs !!

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Was yesterday a rest day eating normal sodium levels, and not still sore from any lifting done?

Then valid data, and your body may have had enough carbs to do a swoosh to water filled fat-cells, and you weren't as depleted in glucose stores as many are, which gives them instant 2-4 lb gain.

But indeed, keep it up for a bit. Keep weighing on any valid days you got, unless you have tendency to go scale crazy and effect good mental judgement.
  • Sonic_1971
    Options
    Thanks heybales.

I havnt lifted since Thursday - Saturday I tend to do mainly cardio and weigh in on the gym scales before I start.

I am a little scale obsessed unfortunately but am going to try and curb this habit and just weigh once a week to get a more accurate picture.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Thanks heybales.

I havnt lifted since Thursday - Saturday I tend to do mainly cardio and weigh in on the gym scales before I start.

I am a little scale obsessed unfortunately but am going to try and curb this habit and just weigh once a week to get a more accurate picture.

Is that first thing in the morning at the gym before eating and drinking? Good.

If you are scale obsessed, one thing that can help is to go totally overboard for about it week probably, recording all the weigh-ins. Before workout, after, later in day, before supper, after supper, before bed, on waking up, ect.
    Nothing like seeing a bunch of really useless data points to realize just how unuseful the numbers really are in the vast majority of cases and how much variability there is in them.

Or hide the scale!