Breakfasts that aren't eggs or leftovers

Options
Melany502
Melany502 Posts: 77 Member
I am getting bored with fried eggs every day and we don't have leftovers. Is there something simple I can make for the week?

Replies

• primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    On days I can't face the thought of another round of eggs or have no leftovers (I try to make sure there are some) I often have something simple like canned tuna mixed up with some avocado, jalapeno etc or a can of sardines, maybe a green salad with olives, feta etc. I usually have to make myself eat something given that breakfast is at 5:45am and I'm barely with it! Food at that hour is purely functional.
    Plenty of ideas here too: http://chowstalker.com/?bwbps_extnav_gal=29&bwbps_q=breakfast
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Are you more primal or paleo? I eat dairy so I have 100g of plain greek yogurt with 3tbsp roasted golden flax and 28g raspberries or blackberries. I also add stevia.
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Made a batch of pumpkin muffins and eat two for breakfast each morning. Made with almond flour. For variety sub pumpkin w/ banana and applesauce. When rushing I. The am before work then its a banana with a spoonful of almond butter. Go get you the primal blueprint cookbook "quick and easy meals " or go to paleoplan.com for ideas. That's where we got the muffin recipe.
  • iamstarstuff
    Options
    Smoothies but made with coconut or almond milk instead of cows :O) Add banana, berries and egg... very filling :)
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I am getting bored with fried eggs every day and we don't have leftovers. Is there something simple I can make for the week?

Chilli.

Buy ground meat or grind your own and add a crapton of assorted veggies and spices for bulk and flavour. Goes great as nachos, on rice or just on it's own.
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Paleo OMG one of my favorite websites for recipes... they have a breakfast section, just read one today Breakfast bacon and maple meatballs sounded good (make ahead and pull out for breakfast) http://paleomg.com/breakfast-bacon-maple-meatballs/
    so many other choices....
  • jenfitz
    jenfitz Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee!!!! I thought it sounded gross (it's basically coffee blended with unsalted butter and coconut oil) but thought I'd give it a try.....WOW! I'm hooked! Not only is it the most frothy, satisfying cup of coffee I've ever had, but it keeps me full and energized until lunch. I make mine as follows:
    16 oz. organic coffee
    2 Tblsp. Coconut Oil
    1Tblsp. Ghee
    and sometimes I add a tsp. of raw honey or a packet of stevia...
    Blend in blender .... enjoy!

I can't wait to wake up and have a cup!
  • evilmj31
    evilmj31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    almond flour pancakes with Maple syrup....mmm.

I agreem OMGPaleo is a really good website, all the reciepies I have tried have turned out well and my non paleo friends have eaten them too and loved them.
  • Melany502
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I am doing more of a whole30 type of paleo right now (no sweeteners at all and no baked goods) I made an egg fritatta for the week and froze a bunch so I guess that's a little different than fried eggs lol. I miss my oatmeal!!
  • Melany502
    Options

Chilli.

Buy ground meat or grind your own and add a crapton of assorted veggies and spices for bulk and flavour. Goes great as nachos, on rice or just on it's own.

Yummy! I love chili :)
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I do an egg casserole/bake/frittata every weekend. I make it with a different meat/veggies each week and haven't gotten bored yet! I usually eat it at work and all my co-workers are jealous when I heat it up :)
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Today I had an avocado and farmers cheese for breakfast.
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Well, not breakfast specifically, but This weekend I made pulled pork for the first time and it was super easy! I got a 9-10 pork shoulder and doubled the spice rub, I also added a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Yesterday I had it over sauteed swisschard for breakfast and I was happy and full for 5-6 hrs

http://everydaypaleo.com/beyond-easy-pulled-pork/
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just found this recipie for granola it looks good....http://www.paleocupboard.com/granola.html
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I threw some sausage, kelp, mushrooms, goat cheese, tomatoes, in a pan to heat up. Then added a side of bacon.

It turned out great.
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    you may want to search teh archives too, I am recalling a similar thread a few weeks ago... another suggestion was to cut an avocado in half and crack an egg in to the middle and bake until the egg is cooked to your liking... I remember thinking I wanted to try it, but I haven't gotten around to it.
  • LMG130
    LMG130 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've done like a sweet egg pancake type deal before. Mash 1/2- a full banana with 2 eggs and cinnamon. Cook it in an omelet sized pan for maybe ~3 min per size. Then top it with some nut butter!

Also extra eggy zucchini fritters are really good.
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Usually smoothies with almond milk if I don't feel like eggs
  • tl_swift
    tl_swift Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas at Balanced Bites - Pumkin Souffle, Zuccini Pancakes - etc
    http://balancedbites.com/category/breakfast
  • cw822
    cw822 Posts: 107
    Options
    I use Paleo Plan website. One of my favorite non-egg breakfast is the Green Smoothie (kale, ginger, apple, pear, lemon juice).