COMMITMENT 4/22/13

Options
junkintrunk5
junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
GOOD MORNING!

Day 2: How are you feeling? Now that we've jump started to our goal, what is your plan for today? What is one thing you are trying to change/improve on?

I hope everyone has a fabulous day on your journey to 20/75

Replies

• junkintrunk5
    Options
    I want to increase my push ups and pull ups by 15% of what I'm currently doing.....that's difficult for me.
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My plan for today is to get in 10,000 steps (about 5miles) along with 10 floors climed on my fitbit.

I would like to increase the speed at which I walk/run.
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    I want to stop feeding my feelings, specifically with breads and sweets. Did pretty well with it this weekend. Just need to be more aware that food will not feed my emotional state at the time.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting a walk in after work, and starting Day#1 or the '100 Pushups' app I have on my phone. Also, it is Day#2 of my non-dairy/gluten diet so I am going to stick with that as well. Here is to a fabulous Day#2 for everyone!! :)
  • sophieburningham
    sophieburningham Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've met my plan already with swimming, I wanted to increase the speed that I do 20 laps which I managed from 23 minutes to 20 minutes today, I even managed to add on another 2 laps, so I'm happy with that. The rest of the plan for today is to meet my calorie goals, walk to work and back this afternoon and do some exercise in the evening to finish the day off ^-^
  • Dorianlg
    Dorianlg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Admittedly, I have to write 8 pages, give a final presentation and grade 5 papers, so I will not be going to the gym. But it is a mile and a half to school, so I will be walking to school and back, and at some point during the day walking to Starbucks, which adds another mile. (So 4 miles walking all together!)
  • missharleychick
    Options
    I've met my plan already with swimming, I wanted to increase the speed that I do 20 laps which I managed from 23 minutes to 20 minutes today, I even managed to add on another 2 laps, so I'm happy with that. The rest of the plan for today is to meet my calorie goals, walk to work and back this afternoon and do some exercise in the evening to finish the day off ^-^

Awesome, that is fantastic!!!
  • missharleychick
    Options
    Today I am going to do Day 2Week 2 of P90, plus I am going to run a 5k this evening. (Charity event for the Boston Marathon Tragedy). I feel a little run down, perhaps I pushed myself too hard last week getting up at 3am just to work out, so I have nixed that idea. I will find time after work to work out.

I would like to run 4.5 miles when I run, which is 4x - 5x a week. Right now I can do 4.25 between walking\running, in about 50 minutes. If I can do 4.5 miles walking\running in 50 minutes that would be an accomplishment!!!

Way to go everyone on their first day. Keep it up!!!
  • tinapunch
    tinapunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This morning - could not get up at 4am to go to the gym.......did not get to bed last night until 10:30 (which is WAYYYYY past our bedtime - LOL). However, I am off to a great start. Had yogurt and a banana for breakfast. I have to be at my part-time bookkeeping job this evening AFTER my 9 hours of my regular job, so I don't think there will be any time for a workout. My plan is get to bed on time, and be ready for that alarm to go off at 4am tomorrow morning.........will be back in the game!

Happy Monday all!!!!
  • KathleenSweetie
    KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just like yesterday, I'm going to enjoy the nice weather and take a 30 minute walk in the park with the dog (a little arm exercise, haha).
    Planning to eat fish for lunch, and to stay within my allowed sugar amount today.
  • junkintrunk5
    Options
    Today I am going to do Day 2Week 2 of P90, plus I am going to run a 5k this evening. (Charity event for the Boston Marathon Tragedy). I feel a little run down, perhaps I pushed myself too hard last week getting up at 3am just to work out, so I have nixed that idea. I will find time after work to work out.

I would like to run 4.5 miles when I run, which is 4x - 5x a week. Right now I can do 4.25 between walking\running, in about 50 minutes. If I can do 4.5 miles walking\running in 50 minutes that would be an accomplishment!!!

Way to go everyone on their first day. Keep it up!!!

I was wondering how long you would be able to keep doing the 3 am workouts. That's the middle of the night!:) I just can't get up that early.
  • gweeno101
    Options
    Going to a runing clinic. (10 week program designed to help people start running, ending with a 5K on May 11. We meet twice a week. Haven't missed a clinic yet)

Then doing Insanity Day 2 when I get home.

I'm going to be one tired girl by the end of the day.
  • nicolie81587
    nicolie81587 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't get home from class until 7:30 tonight so I will just be doing an hour on the elliptical.
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I did some strength training this morning before work, then I'll run at least 3 miles tonight after my daughter goes to bed. I'm doing my first 5k of the year this Saturday, so I'm going to push myself each night this week to run the full three miles without walking, then give my legs a break on Friday so I'm ready on Saturday!
  • Melster85
    Melster85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My commitment for 4/22/13 is to go for a 30 minute walk after work and continue with Level 1 of the 30DS.
  • ces79
    ces79 Posts: 13
    Options
    I missed my 5 am alarm to get up and go to the gym today :( So sleepy!! So over my 30 minute lunch I'm going to go walk and climb stairs. Tonight, I will walk the dogs and get my husband to go jog/walk with me for another 30 minutes or longer.

Have a great day all!!!:smile:
  • southernpawsc
    Options
    Today, my goal is to officially start this journey! Somehow I missed that yesterday was the start date with the group, but I joined MFP a few days ago and my "no more excuses" date has been today.... so here I am and will do what I can.

As for a specific exercise goal, I plan to get out and walk 3 miles whether it's in the neighborhood or ends up being on the treadmill.
  • tameekag
    tameekag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My goal is to add an extra workout this week. One done...one more to go this afternoon.
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I need to cut down on my drinks BIG time! My goal this week is to not have any alcoholic beverages until the weekend. And still then not over do it or go on a snacking binge :drinker:
  • babyblackbutterfly
    Options
    LOOOONNNNGG Day Ahead!
    I am teaching first grade all day and doing Parent Teacher conferences at night.
    My hope is to do a fast 5K on my treadmill before THE VOICE.
    Anyone on Team Adam?
    Got my own little fan club going.
    Can you say HOT?
    BBB