Favorite 'tweak' on MF meals?

Options
PippaJo_
PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
Okay, so I made today a 'recipe' day, since I had time to play around with the MF meals, and the oven and other gadgets. (Usually, I just do the MF meals 'as instructed', because I prefer the least amount of 'bother' possible.)

I made the Sandy's Kitchen recipes for Vanilla Custard (using one vanilla pudding and one scrambled eggs packet), and I just made the 'bread' out of the tomato soup, to make a 'grilled cheese sandwich' out of.

Wow. The 'bread' was *fantastic*, and made an AWESOME grilled cheese sandwich! And the custard was quite tasty - much better than the vanilla pudding made *as* pudding.

I've also made 'cookies' out of the Mango Soft Serve - and that's much tastier too, imo.

The 'shake cakes' - meh. I think I expect them to be sweeter, like the brownies, but they're okay, especially with cream cheese 'frosting', and I usually prefer chewing the shakes to drinking them.

Has anyone done anything different with the Cherry Pomegranate shake? Can that be made into a cake? (It seems of a different 'type' than the other shakes, so I wasn't sure.)

Whats' your favorite way to 'tweak' the MF meals?

Replies

• LogiesMom09
    LogiesMom09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My favorite is using the pancakes or oatmeal to make cupcakes or cinnamon buns. Add a little cream cheese icing and these are delicious. I also like using the puffs for bread crumbs to make oven fried zucchini chips, or baked chicken strips, or baked mockaroni and cheese and tonight I'm using them to make baked jalapeno poppers. Being able to tweak the MF meals is what makes this plan so much easier for me to stick to than any others.
  • Autazell
    Autazell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried too many tweaks yet, but the one I use is for the oatmeal. Add 1/4-1/2cup of water 1/4 cup of egg beaters and cook in a skillet like an omelet. It is SOOO much better than eating the oatmeal plain, fills me up and starts me off for the day with some extra protein.
  • swellswede
    swellswede Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just like a McGriddle! I make a mugmuffin out of the pancake mix then I cut it in half and put a piece of turkey sausage in the middle. Top it off with a little bit of SF syrup and voila!! Yep, that just happened.
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to make bread out of the cream of chicken soup packets. I add 2 egg whites and mix it well. Spray a pie plate really well with Pam. Spread the mixture on the bottom and cook it for 20 min at 350. It comes out like a wrap. I add baby arugula (from my lean and green) with olive oil and vinegar and a little chicken. Yum