Good Read!

Options
I came across this blog, and it was dead on from all the things I have learned over the years trying to lose weight. If you do not read the whole article, read #10. I was struck when I looked up the calories a few months ago from dishes I ordered from one of my favorite restaurant. The calories were more than my allotted calorie intake for an entire day in a single meal!!!

Read, and Consider! :)

http://tradingpounds.com/02/45-simple-actions-to-start-losing-weight/

Which one is your favorite?

Replies

• cricketdc
    cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    There is also a book that is excellent to read:

IF I AM SMART, WHY CAN'T I LOSE WEIGHT?
    (Tools to Get it Done!)

By Brook Castillo - Weight Loss Coach

She is also the writer of Self-Coaching 101
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS ARTICLE - And I loved the way the writer worded every bit of it! I downloaded her 'How to Lose' PDF to read a bit further :) Thank you for sharing this!
  • Impassivelips
    Options
    #5 is my favorite because I may not drink coffee, alcohol or smoke but those sugary cokes get me every time.
  • curses7
    curses7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good stuff in this article! Someone told me the best way to start is to ignore the center of the supermarket. Makes sense, the produce, dairy, and meat are all along the outside of the store and it helps to avoid the prepackaged foods. It's an easy way to remember and keep it in check.
  • missharleychick
    Options
    Good stuff in this article! Someone told me the best way to start is to ignore the center of the supermarket. Makes sense, the produce, dairy, and meat are all along the outside of the store and it helps to avoid the prepackaged foods. It's an easy way to remember and keep it in check.

Great advice, thanks!
  • southernpawsc
    Options
    I think measuring your food (#3) and cook your own dinners (#25) are very important.

(#25) As stated, it's amazing what/how much we find is in the foods we eat that are prepared by others or restaurants. We never eat Italian (unless I cook spag or lasagna) but took our son to Olive Garden for his birthday (first time we had been in 14 yrs) and I took 1/2 of my food home. It was DISGUSTING seeing what had happened to the food after it was refrigerated and reheated: completely stuck together like a hunk of butter while cold and then separated into pools of butter after reheating. The worst part? I still freaking ate it!

(#3) Measuring food and seeing what a serving is compared to what we normally eat is eye-opening. Learning proper portions is critical in today'd world when it comes to affecting our weight and health.
  • southernpawsc
    Options
    Yes! I learned "shop the perimeter of the store" years ago from a great phys ed instructor in college and I do try to keep it in mind........ too bad my husband found the darn ice cream on the perimeter! lol