Motivation Monday!!!!

Options
Good morning team!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

I love Motivational quotes- they inspire me to keep pushing when I feel discouraged. What are some of your favorite quotes? Maybe you'll help someone dig deep to find the motivation to set the right pace for the week!

Treese posted an AWESOME message this morning and it reminded me that although it's nice when others recognize your successes and believe in you, it takes more than that, you MUST believe in yourself! Motivation comes from within so let's dig deeper this week (as Shaun T says)!

This is not a quote, but it something that I found in the beginning of my journey that I would like to share with you all...

How to STAY Motivated

Take it One Day at a Time
*Don’t worry about tomorrow, focus on today. Focus on eating right for today, make it your goal for the day, and repeat it tomorrow, and the day after that and the day after that.

*Surround Yourself with Positivity
“Change your thoughts, and you change your world”, it’s really true. Think you can, and you can do anything. Think positive, breathe positive, live positive, be positive as much as possible. Focus on the solution, rather than the problem. Surround yourself with good people, good food (food that’s good for you), and good thoughts.

*Create a Dream Board
Bring your dreams to life. Look at them every day. Never lose sight of what you want. Fill it with your favourite quotes and pictures to inspire you.

*Visualize Accomplishing your Goals
If your goal is to lose weight, create a mental picture of yourself having already achieved it. What will you look like, feel like, and move like when you have accomplished that goal? Living as if you are already there makes realizing your vision something you focus on daily.

*Make Realistic Goals
Ask yourself what you want. What do you want from life? Who do you want to be? Where do you want to be? And make realistic goals. Now that doesn’t mean you can’t have your dream body, it just means realizing that it won’t happened overnight. Make S.M.A.R.T goals. Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, & Time-bound goals.

*Reward Yourself, Be Kind to Yourself & Recognize your Progress
When you know you have been good to your body, treat yourself! Find a reward that inspires you- a new pair of sneakers or workout outfit, a new music CD for your walk or pamper your feet with a pedicure for all of your efforts. Give yourself a hug once in awhile! Train hard, eat right, sleep well, but once a week, allow yourself an indulgence. Enjoy your favorite dessert, get a massage, or simply take some time for yourself to relax.

*It’s Okay to Cheat!
Once in a while, cheating will keep you on track! Planning a cheat, whether it’s a snack, a meal, a weekend or a week vacation, can make all the difference in the world. Allowing yourself a little “controlled” wiggle room, you can avoid falling off the wagon. And once your “cheat” is done, go right back to your plan.

*Forget about the Scale
Focus on how you’re life is changing, on how you feel. Focus on how you’ve changed. Focus on the inches lost, the muscle gained. Focus on how much better you’re becoming and how much you’re gaining. Alternatively, weigh yourself once a week, or even once a month. Measure your entire body monthly as well. Take one picture of yourself daily in the same outfit for the duration of your journey.

*Don’t Compare Yourself to Others
Focus on yourself, on creating the best you possible. Remember that everyone is different, everyone has their own experiences, and their own unique imperfections. Different people are at different stages at different times. Comparing yourself to others can lead to bitterness, anger, jealousy, envy and even unhealthy competition.

Happy Monday ladies!!!

Replies

• shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329
    Options
    I love it! Thank you Mel for sharing this. Sometimes we get so loss in our workouts or food intake and how others view us we forget the real purpose of us chaning our lives. I've said many times before that we must take it day by day because we are always faced with obstacles and challenges. But if we committ ourselves and most importantly believe in ourselves there is nothing we can't accomplish. Have a wonderful week and stay inspiring all of us!!!
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    This was my daily motivation I receive from a good friend daily... It made me think of this journey because sometimes we can get caught up in what others are doing, their opinion, etc... Sometimes you have to break away from the crowd and be Original!

Original

Don’t limit yourself by what has already been done. You can do so very much more.

Don’t get too caught up in making judgments about what might or might not work. Put your authentic effort and creativity out there, and you’ll find out soon enough what works and what doesn’t.

Safely following the crowd is not the strategy of a leader. The way to achieve what’s never been achieved is to do what’s never been done.

You are not a job title or a demographic data point or a technique or a college degree. You are a brilliant, shining, powerful focal point of life itself.

You are a genuine, one-of-a-kind original. So think like it, act like it, feel like it and live like it.

In this brand new moment bring a brand new, beautiful world into existence. Make it outstanding, make it an original, and make it your very best.

— Ralph Marston
  • FabulouslyFitTam
    FabulouslyFitTam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Love this!! thanks for sharing :-)

I'm planning to write motivational messages/goals on my mirror in the bathroom. I need to visuall SEE this when I wake up in the morning.
  • MzGotItAll25
    MzGotItAll25 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    UGHHH!! I NEEDED THIS TODAY.. THANKS. IM FOCUSED AND EYES ON THE PRIZE!
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Here is my motivation quote, just because I always find myself finding reasons why I cant accomplish certain things......

"BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES"
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    HAPPY MOTIVATION MONDAY EVERYONE! I have to give myself these types of talks on a regular. Thanks for sharing Mel!!! I need to hear all of it.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am Loving Everything about this Topic and the Motivation you brought to it MEL...You are truely an awesome friend and pal..... I will share this one with the group...just because I love it...and we all possess so many of these which makes us unique...

As. you. are.
    Stronger than you know.
    More beautiful than you think.
    Worthier than you believe.
    More loved than you can ever imagine.
    Passionate about making a difference.
    Fiery when protecting those you love.
    Learning. Growing. Not alone.
    Warm. Giving. Generous.
    Quirky. Sexy. Funny. Smart.
    Flawed. Whole. Scared. Brave.
    And so, so, so.much.more.

Be Strong. Be Confident. Be You.

~ Copyright: Tia Sparkles Singh, 2011
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Addicted2_fitness Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Love it Steph! You're an awesome friend as well=) All of these quotes are so inspiring...definitely a great way to begin the week!
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    thank you ladies all of you are great!!! we all need to get inspired.. and we all can get through this if we put our hearts into the hard work that includes me i know I am my worst enemy at time but I know I can do this and so can all of us together... Lets do this !!! lets do it!!!!!! hugs to every one!!!!
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    I love the motivation. Thanks for posting hun.
  • tgmoore34
    tgmoore34 Posts: 18
    Options
    I love, love, love that! Thanks so much for sharing. I will be posting on my phone as inspiration.
    xoxo
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I love love love this thread so much that I had to come back and read again this morning! Thanks for the motivation ladies!!
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Here is my motivation quote, just because I always find myself finding reasons why I cant accomplish certain things......

"BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES"

Wow...I love this!!
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    These 2 quotes make me chuckle this morning:laugh: Got them from the C25K app today....

Quote 1: "If the word QUIT is a part of your vocabulary, then the word FINISH is likely not"

Quote 2: "Tired of starting over???....then stop giving up!!" (my personal favorite...lol)
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Many people tells us to work smart...not hard. I say...working hard is smart!!:wink:

Have an amazing day today luvs!!
  • saugonda1
    saugonda1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team!!!

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Here is one I heard today:

"No one ever reached success by not overcoming obstacles in the way"
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Addicted2_fitness Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Love the motivational quotes ladies!!! Thanks for sharing~

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” ~Dr. Denis Waitley (Once you accept the responsibility to change those conditions, you set the pace for a successful journey and a wonderful future. -Me)

“Too many people confine their exercise to jumping to conclusions, running up bills, stretching the truth, bending over backwards, lying down on the job, side-stepping responsibility and pushing their luck.” ~Anonymous (Do some REAL work!!! Something that will make a difference! -Me)

“Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” ~Thomas Jefferson (Attitude is everything. It is strong, sometimes overpowering, and has an effect on your environment---good or bad. You may have a desire to do something but if your attitude is bad, you may NEVER succeed and be happy. Operate with a good attitude and wait for good things happen to you! -Me)

“The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.” ~Napoleon Hill (<----speaks for itself=)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    A few of my favs.....

“Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.”
    ― Lance Armstrong, ( How true is that....no matter what aspect you look at it from....quitting is never fun or a good thing to do)

“Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right’. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” ( Isn't that the truth you get stronger and wiser the more you fight to maintain this lifestyle....goes along with living and learning)

~Napoleon Hill~

“Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it.” – Muhammad Ali

JUST LOVE LOVE LOVE this one.....

Thanks everyone for making the 60th day an even better one with the inspiration
  • figureformin
    figureformin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great post!! I appreciate you sharing these, Thanks:)