1st week challenge

Options
marcelka77
marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
Hi Lovelies

I am so pleased with your efforts I hope you will like this week's challenges .

This is our first official week !!!! It is supposed to be still an introduction, so have fun and get healthy!

There is lbs reward for each part of this challenge

Exercise max 7 lbs

1. 4 days out of 7 of 30-45 min cardio or strength exercise sessions to be spread out during the week as it suits you best!

sessions of jogging, fast walking, cross-trainer or treadmill,Zumba, Aerobics, Dance, DVD , Gym etc.
(moderate cleaning doesn't count ;) !!! )

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed to do 4 sessions!!!

2. Try something new or something you didn't do for a while - independent exercise of your choice for 30 min session at least!!! : mine for example will be trying to go to work on bike. - I would not mind to go home from work but to get there is 90% uphill!!!

If you lack inspiration, you can try swimming, clubbing (DANCING!!!), another class at your local gym, or that new DVD , take tennis rackets and go play tennis with kids in park ... or football ... I found out trampoline extremely hard :-)

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed

3. Best Butt Exercises For Women: Squats

Squats are one of the best butt exercises you can do to build a nice round booty and sexy legs. Make sure you keep your abs tight, back straight, weight on heels, and sit your butt back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSYv5lQo4yM
can you make at least 350 a week ? E.G. 50 +60+70 +day rest +50 +60 +70
1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed 2 lbs for most squads

4. Don't forget to take a day rest! Your body needs it.

5. For the WEEK ONE FOOD challenge, I thought we might still keep it BASICS! Let's take this week to focus on fish and cooking fish - let other inspire you with their recipe ! I know that this is not popular choice but girls (as far as I know we don't have a man in our challenge) come on it is good for us - and for mums especially we need to introduce fish into our kids diet - and I am not talking about fish fingers ;) .... girls all fish counts and vegetarians try Sea Vegetables. Try to eat fish 2x a week. (1 lbs advantage if you manage to eat 2 portions of fish)

Keep drinking water - even if it is not our topic!!! I hope you picked up some good tips.

cooking challenge
Also, I will be doing Cooking Challenge for week 0. It will run from today april 21th - april 28th . I need the pictures and recipe of 1 dish you were cooking this week for yourself . I will be judging on healthiness, calorie amount and presentation . It can be idea for lunch (pack lunch) , dinner , breakfast or even Snack!!!

You must send picture + recipe here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/965956-place-to-share-fish-recipes-1st-week-cooking-challenge The requirement this week is you must have fish in this meal.

Best recipe will get 2 lbs advantage for week 2 weigh in and everyone who post recipe will get 1lbs

To sum it
4/7 sessions of exercise 1lbs advantage
1 session of something new - let us know what - 1lbs advantage
350 squats - 1 lbs for the everyone who manage to do 350 squats an extra 1 lbs for 1 person with most squats
2 dishes with fish - 1 lbs advantage
recipe - 1 lbs for everyone who post recipe extra 1 lbs for best recipe

Replies

• kendallsauntie
    kendallsauntie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It's on ladies!
  • marcelka77
    Options
    you can fill this spread sheet :-)) with achievements

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtITACIlndtJdHZQSEtfRFNWVEFMQWdZaEtOZ2NWUGc#gid=5

it is page 3 on our original spread sheet
    I think it will gr8 idea to keep it together
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    What about those that do not or cannot eat fish? - Would not be fair to lose out on 1lb advantage because of a challenge that is catered to a specific crowd - Can you do more of a broader challenge that will fit ALL lifestyles?

the same goes for a cooking recipe, all my recipes are LOW CARB, low carbers generally do not worry about calorie count.. so the challenge is catered to those that eat LOW CALORIE etc... Can we get more of a broader challenge going forward?
  • tirrelogston
    tirrelogston Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Okay So I totally hate fish but I refuse to let it stop me. I can't wait to get started. Starting my squats right now!
  • jellybelly1986
    Options
    I don't like fish either!
    I'm just going to try and get advantages for the rest of the challenges!
  • adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get started! Come on, everyone :)
  • marcelka77
    Options
    For everyone who can't eat fish use suitable substitute

But this is only for people who can't eat fish

What about those that do not or cannot eat fish? - Would not be fair to lose out on 1lb advantage because of a challenge that is catered to a specific crowd - Can you do more of a broader challenge that will fit ALL lifestyles?

the same goes for a cooking recipe, all my recipes are LOW CARB, low carbers generally do not worry about calorie count.. so the challenge is catered to those that eat LOW CALORIE etc... Can we get more of a broader challenge going forward?
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    having fish tonight! can't wait!
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    having fish tonight! can't wait!

Me too! (and I DO NOT love fish!!!)
  • tirrelogston
    tirrelogston Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Does tuna count?
  • marcelka77
    Options
    of course :-)) Tuna counts ... fish sticks ... prawns ... sea food salmon - trout anything
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I have a question and a suggestion...

First, I'm not too sure what the week is for this challenge. I thought I read somewhere Sunday to Sunday but wouldn't it be Monday to Sunday if we turn it weights on Monday? I just want to clarify so we are all on the same page.

Second, for those who don't like or can't eat fish... couldn't they still find those of us that do recipes to share but not necessarily eat it. Or they could do research regarding fish/seafood, fish oils, and other foods that have similar nutritional value and post a few facts. Like maybe a few facts regarding Omega-3. That way everyone is benefiting educationally. IDK, its just a thought.
  • marcelka77
    Options
    Good morning the end of challenge really depends on captains. I give 2 days to fill it into spreadsheet and I was going to anounce winners and losers on Tuesday evening - Wednesday morning -latest .... I know for example brown teams official weigh in day is Monday - I really don't mind which day you will pick
  • marcelka77
    Options
    I posted somewhere you can substitute fish with something alse - who can't eat fish

It's good idea about research and looking for recipe ... I don't think it would be good to just copy recipe from line I would prefer if they made research - find what could be good substitute for fish - tell me why they choosed that ingredients instead of fish
  • Jennifer8348683
    Jennifer8348683 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Salmon for supper last night! Yummy!! Only one more meal to go....tuna sandwich for lunch tomorrow I think. :smile:
  • karategirl2013
    Options
    I'm having grilled salmon with a lemon thyme sauce for lunch today. Yummy!
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Good morning the end of challenge really depends on captains. I give 2 days to fill it into spreadsheet and I was going to anounce winners and losers on Tuesday evening - Wednesday morning -latest .... I know for example brown teams official weigh in day is Monday - I really don't mind which day you will pick

Brown Team captain here...we weighed in on Monday because the dates on the spreadsheet are Mondays - is that right?
    :O
    Personally I like Monday for weigh-ins because if I eat BAD, I usually do it on the weekends; I thought a Monday weigh-in might do more to keep my eating good over the weekends!
  • debk68
    debk68 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    tried a Couch to 5k today. I downloaded the APP on my Ipad. I actually ran! This is my new experience!
  • dreamingofhealthy
    dreamingofhealthy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    To make sure I keep my team going and get everything recored, is Monday the offical "weigh in" day?
  • marcelka77
    Options
    It is up to captain of each team and up to you :) ....li need it by Tuesday evening London UK time by Wednesday I want to anounce biggest looser of week an 2 people who are going to be transfer to home pit challenge