Make your own 6-pack!

Options
capnrus789
capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
I love places that have this. Most decent liquor stores do this, but a grocery store here has it as well, with some decent options. Made on today on my lunch break, which is a little like torture since I can't have one till later. My choices are:

Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro
Deschutes White IPA
Big Sky IPA
Two Brother Sidekick (extra pale ale)
Abita Strawberry Lager
Spaten Optimator

All will be new for me to try, except the Spaten. I've had that many times, it's soooooo goooooooood. Been a while, though, so I threw it in there. I talked to the employee in the liquor dept at the store and he sait the Abita goes as soon as they get it, it's that popular. Then I saw 2 milfs each put a tray (24 bottles) into their carts. I guess it is that popular. And those ladies were pretty damn hot. Now I'm rambling. I'm done.

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YEAH ! ME TOO!
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a nice six pack! I buy most of my beer that way and generally only shop at bottle shops that offer singles, especially when out of state. I've come home with 3-4 cases of beer sometimes when I take a beer trip. Let us know how you like the Abita. I know we all have different tastes but I've yet to find a beer from them that I like.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    That strawberry stuff is junk. I don't recommend. I'd rather drink Bud in a can.

The deschute Whitewater IPA was just OK. The unfilder wheat part was great, but hte IPA part....not so much. To me, not a good mix.

The Two Brothers Sidekick was just OK. they have much stronger offerings.
  • thatcrazykat
    thatcrazykat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ok, I need to put together a six pack for my husband as part of his anniversary present. I found great tasting glasses that fit onto a wooden block for great presentation. Please advise! Some favorites of his:

Chimay
    Franziskiner Hefe
    Anything from Unibroue (Don de Dieu at the top)
    Deschutes Black Butte Porter
    Celebrator Dopplebock
    Rogue Dead Guy
    Stone Brewing Vertical Epic
    Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin

Anyway need fresh ideas....
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Ok, I need to put together a six pack for my husband as part of his anniversary present. I found great tasting glasses that fit onto a wooden block for great presentation. Please advise! Some favorites of his:

Chimay
    Franziskiner Hefe
    Anything from Unibroue (Don de Dieu at the top)
    Deschutes Black Butte Porter
    Celebrator Dopplebock
    Rogue Dead Guy
    Stone Brewing Vertical Epic
    Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin

Anyway need fresh ideas....

What about getting him a few Brewery Anniversary beers? I"m not sure what distributes in California but Unibroue makes their own Anniversary Ale called Unibroue (Grand Reserve) 17. Sierra Nevada had some good ones out a few years ago for their 30th Anniversary you can still find. Avery makes one each year and I'm guessing others do as well.
  • thatcrazykat
    thatcrazykat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What about getting him a few Brewery Anniversary beers? I"m not sure what distributes in California but Unibroue makes their own Anniversary Ale called Unibroue (Grand Reserve) 17. Sierra Nevada had some good ones out a few years ago for their 30th Anniversary you can still find. Avery makes one each year and I'm guessing others do as well.
    [/quote]

Great idea! Love the thematic concept for the anniversary. I had a few picked out and will add to it with this idea. Thanks!