COMMITMENT 4/22/13

Options

Replies

• TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I wanted to ditch the car and walk to work today. AND I DID! Now I just want to avoid the urge to call for a ride home and walk back home today. Its only a 20 min walk. Adding just the walk in the morning and the walk in the afternoon will increase my daily steps taken by 4,000!

Great Job!!! That would be 40 min. of extra calorie burn!! Woop.

And every extra calorie counts! Its a small goal for now, but im sure they will increase!!
  • TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I wanted to ditch the car and walk to work today. AND I DID! Now I just want to avoid the urge to call for a ride home and walk back home today. Its only a 20 min walk. Adding just the walk in the morning and the walk in the afternoon will increase my daily steps taken by 4,000!

That is awesome, way to go! Don't you feel great about it! Do not get a ride home, you can do it!!!

I do feel great. Arrived awake and ready to serve! So much energy today now!
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stay within calorie limit, NOT break down and eat chocolate (this one's hard!), get in at least 30 min of walking or similar (today is recoup after long run yesterday), to eat a healthy dinner (evening eating is my demise), and to get to bed before 10 pm.
  • missharleychick
    Options
    My goal today is to keep my head in the game!

For me, this is totally mental. I know that I control what I eat, I know that I control when and how long I exercise, so my goal today is to hold myself accountable and give up on crafting excuses for my own behavior.

I held myself accountable and did not drink any alcohol this weekend, and today I feel like I really accomplished something! (Especially when I think of all the empty calories I saved..ick!) So, I’ll use that as motivation to move my *kitten* after work, and accomplish something even better… BURNING calories! :happy:

Good luck everyone - we are taking control!!

Woot Woot! Great Job! Nicely done!!!! Way to go!
  • Nikinno
    Nikinno Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Nikinno
    Nikinno Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal today is to keep my head in the game!

For me, this is totally mental. I know that I control what I eat, I know that I control when and how long I exercise, so my goal today is to hold myself accountable and give up on crafting excuses for my own behavior.

I held myself accountable and did not drink any alcohol this weekend, and today I feel like I really accomplished something! (Especially when I think of all the empty calories I saved..ick!) So, I’ll use that as motivation to move my *kitten* after work, and accomplish something even better… BURNING calories! :happy:

Good luck everyone - we are taking control!!

I can vouch for my friend here ... she's doing awesome!!
  • nicf76
    nicf76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I worked today, and it is so easy for me to say I don't want to eat what is in my lunch and go to the cafeteria and grab junk, but today I ate what I had packed and reminded myself of the challenge and my goals. I am going to take my dog on a 4 mile walk and enjoy the beautiful weather!
  • carlahdeedah
    Options
    This is my first day on this plan and was logging my food intake while chatting with Niomi... Afterward I promptly threw away the Dr. Pepper I was drinking (and SO looking forward to). It felt good, I filled my bottle with water and am excited to get home and exercise. I am pumped!
  • angieshubin
    angieshubin Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    beside my walk tonight, 10 pushups and 50 situps.
  • purple_shmoo
    Options
    I'm dong a 30 day squat challenge. Today my goal was 70 squats. Completed and accounted for!
  • nicf76
    Options
    I was trying to say something about someone elses post, still trying to figure this out :laugh:
  • nicf76
    Options
    LOOOONNNNGG Day Ahead!
    I am teaching first grade all day and doing Parent Teacher conferences at night.
    My hope is to do a fast 5K on my treadmill before THE VOICE.
    Anyone on Team Adam?
    Got my own little fan club going.
    Can you say HOT?
    BBB

I love team Adam, wouldn't mind being on that team!
  • babyblackbutterfly
    Options
    LOOOONNNNGG Day Ahead!
    I am teaching first grade all day and doing Parent Teacher conferences at night.
    My hope is to do a fast 5K on my treadmill before THE VOICE.
    Anyone on Team Adam?
    Got my own little fan club going.
    Can you say HOT?
    BBB

I love team Adam, wouldn't mind being on that team!
  • babyblackbutterfly
    Options
    UGH!
    This is BBB responding to nicf76.
    Are you watching tonight?
    I think I screwed up on my post for you...
    Go Team Adam!!!!!
  • nicf76
    Options
    UGH!
    Go Team Adam!!!!!

Oh yeah watching now!!!!!
  • krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    OK so i made the goal, i made it up this stupid hill 4 times tonite. Can someone tell my legs to stop burning now!
  • grk_tigris
    grk_tigris Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My goal for today was just to make it through physical therapy. Not only did I do that but spent 10 minutes playing in the yard with my dog and cleaned the house when I got home from work and PT. This is what I call non-exercise exercise. LOL. Tomorrow's goal is to fit in a workout somewhere.
  • grk_tigris
    grk_tigris Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Today I plan to re-start C25K. Walking just isn't enough.

Charlibets - I've tried doing that program. I have to restart as I injured my leg a while back. Good luck on C25K.
  • babyblackbutterfly
    Options
    UGH!
    Go Team Adam!!!!!

Oh yeah watching now!!!!!
  • babyblackbutterfly
    Options
    I can't figure this quote post thing out...
    HELP!
    Just finished running. Fat is crying so much there was a puddle on the treadmill.
    Done for the day. 73 more days til smokin hot!
    Way to go everybody!!! Another successful healthy day!
    Wake up and do it all over again tomorrow with a smile on my face.
    Response to nicf76... Great performances tonight.
    Love ending the day with that view...
    BBB