ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!! 4/22/13 (daily challenge)

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Bootcamp! Now who didn't have some trepidation about going into the military because of the fear of the dreaded BOOTCAMP?!?! We heard awful tails and stories of how you have to "drop and give me 25!" LOL!!!!!!! I included until I joined a bootcamp class 5 years ago...I was so apprehensive but I ended up loving it. Group exercise and suffereing together is fun. I mean when your friends and family came back looking great didn't you have some though of "wow they look great! Maybe I should...." :happy: Challenge yourself and try it...go at your pace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp06Q1K6wpk&feature=player_embedded#!

If you want to read on it: http://www.freeworkoutsguide.com/bodyweight-exercises-workout.html

I totally agree with the author...you work yourself up to the exercises so use plenty modifications as needed until technique and strength are built up. Have fun!

Sargent WW

PS, give me 15 now! :huh:

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I've done some bootcamp classes and while hard, they weren't too bad but they're so expensive around here and they are at times I can't go (either they conflict with my dance class or they are at 6 in the morning and I have to be at work at 7-I live an hour away from work) I'm hoping that once Super Trainer is at the gym full time, the boot camp classes she's going to offer are at a time I can go and aren't too expensive.
    Fingers crossed!!!!

PS I only have $20 do you have any change?:laugh:
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Boot Camp - "I would never be able to do that". Well yes, I did do that!!!!!! Not an easy regime at all, but work towards a personal goal & it can be accomplished. Me sliding along in the mud on my belly - no way did I ever think I would be doing that. But I am here to attest - we do live after the class is over and the confidence from making it through is unmeasureable. Give it a try!!!!!!!
  • dawnhart77
    dawnhart77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm such a smart *kitten* that I love to find someone in class that we can roll out eyes at the skinny, super hyped up instructor. Helps that bonding experience and helps you overlook the fact that your face is red and you are sweating out of places that you can only feel at the moment. I love my bootcamp. And when I don't make it to class I almost miss that crazy instructor of mine screaming at me 'drop and give me 20' but then there is always Thursday's class...
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I am going to try one tonight...let ya'll know...
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I've done some bootcamp classes and while hard, they weren't too bad but they're so expensive around here and they are at times I can't go (either they conflict with my dance class or they are at 6 in the morning and I have to be at work at 7-I live an hour away from work) I'm hoping that once Super Trainer is at the gym full time, the boot camp classes she's going to offer are at a time I can go and aren't too expensive.
    Fingers crossed!!!!

That is why I quit the one I was in...I could no longer afford it. It was nice while it lasted. But come on...I mean I shudder to think the money I spent!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed!!!!

That is why I quit the one I was in...I could no longer afford it. It was nice while it lasted. But come on...I mean I shudder to think the money I spent!
    I know where you're coming from, I'm paying a whole lot to train with Super Trainer once a week and I can only afford it because I'm using the money from job 2 to pay for it, once job 2 is gone in July (it's a contract position for a local college for a grant funded dept, the grant is up in July and so far, no renewal so no new contract for me) I won't be able to do it, so I'm hoping that the boot camp will cost a lot less so I can afford it on my meager salary
  • threadlove
    threadlove Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yikes, this one scared me when I read it. But after watching the video I think I will give it a go. After all the purpose of the challenge a day is to stretch outside the comfort zone.
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I looooove Boot(y)camp!! A coworker wanted to know what it was I was doing and I told her to "join me...it's only 30 minutes)...hehehehe...I had her running hills, steps, using a kettlebell and doing step ups on a park bench. The next day she said she was a little sore...then she texted me at the end of the day to tell me she was beginning to "feel" muscles she didn't even know was there. Then she told me today she really felt it over the weekend, but she is hooked and wants more on Wed...cool!! We modified some things for her (where I ran, she walked) but as long as you keep moving and keep proper form it will work!!!!

Great challenge WW

RAH
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I was a tad disappointed at class because to me more a circuit then bootcamp but sweated and got in a workout! !!
    I so agree Ms. Giant