What do you do besides JMBR and when?

Options
medoria
medoria Posts: 673 Member
So I just started my second run of JMBR, moving on two week 3 on thursday. Since I´ve already done JMBR one time im pretty tired of the cardio so instead I plan to jog on those days and spreading cardio three, doing it 10-20 minutes after the workout every other day. Now I´m thinking about adding a squat challenge and doing pushups on my cardio days before the jog. Do you think that would be to much?

What do you do except the workouts already in the program? Please share!

Replies

• MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I am on week two tomorrow. As I feel I am not getting as much of a work out as I would like (Haha, yeah I know I will regret saying that later on in the BR) I am adding cardio, and doing the 30DS some days. I felt really strong after the 30DS so I thought that would be a good way to work my muscles a bit more and the cardio would help with extra fat loss :)
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansone on the off days if I don't do an extra day of JMBR cardio. I step it up with weights and speed because it seems to easy compared to Jillian!
  • Trisha_e
    Trisha_e Posts: 27
    Options
    Well I do Zumba and Kickboxing on the side since 30 mins is really too short for me. (Watch me regret saying this later on!)

I usually do Zumba (tues, weds, thurs) and Kickboxing (Monday) because they're offered free in my school so why not take advantage of it?

I don't think you're doing too much. Just see how your body feels with all the other workouts and if too sore, then don't continue.
  • medoria
    Options
    I am on week two tomorrow. As I feel I am not getting as much of a work out as I would like (Haha, yeah I know I will regret saying that later on in the BR) I am adding cardio, and doing the 30DS some days. I felt really strong after the 30DS so I thought that would be a good way to work my muscles a bit more and the cardio would help with extra fat loss :)

Getting much of a wor out in what way? You can always add weight, do supersets instead of left the right and go straigth to cardio 3?
  • marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about adding C25K on my cardio days.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Nothing :-)
    She recommends not doing any additional weight training, so I didn't...I also don't like long workouts or going to the gym :-)
    I'm getting ready to start round 3 on Sunday and bought heavier weights for this go 'round. Hoping my last 18 pounds (or one full pants size) can be accomplished during this period. I may add Killer Abs on the the cardio days because there is not a lot of ab work in JMBR.
    Good luck everyone!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I am training for a half marathon so running 3-4 days a week including 1 long run it was 12 miles last week. I am also doing the spark challenge on fitocracy everyday.
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Getting much of a wor out in what way? You can always add weight, do supersets instead of left the right and go straigth to cardio 3?

Yeah, I did move on to cardio 3.
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    In the mornings I do my jmbr and in the evenings I run. I usually run about 4 days a week (just finished c25k on to train for 10k then half) and then go on a hike or 2 (there is a hike near me that goes up 1000 ft in 1.1 miles. ouch!) to mix it up. So total 6 jmbr, 3-4 runs, and 1-2 hikes.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I usually walk/run to work (3-mile round trip) or go for a bike ride in addition to my JMBR workout 6 days a week. I don't do any extra strength training, not even abs. (I can't imagine even needing to do any extra ab work after Workout 7!) Walking and biking are pretty easy on the muscles while still giving a nice extra burn.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Running! I run 30 mins at least twice a week. I also do hiking (60 mins) about once a week. Walking 45mins-90mins 2-3 days a week. Biking 90 mins some days (maybe 3 times a month lately). Rollerblading occasionally, and will hopefully add swimming back in occasionally too. I don't do the JMBR cardio DVDs.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i'm on round 2 of JMBR too and since my schedule is screwy and i cant really follow the program like id like to i'm doing cardio at the gym (elliptical/cycling/w/e) mondays and wednesdays and the workouts tuesday, thursday, friday, saturday.
  • Thereupon
    Thereupon Posts: 52
    Options
    Hey all! I've posted about this in another thread, but my flexibility (particularly in the back of my legs and my hips) really seems to be letting my form down in a lot of JMBR moves, and I don't seem to be improving a lot in that area. I've read that men often have more trouble with flexibility than women.

Have any of you had experience with programs that focus more specifically on flexibility/stretching rather than strength? I'd like to add something like this a few days a week on top of BR.
  • medoria
    Options
    Hey all! I've posted about this in another thread, but my flexibility (particularly in the back of my legs and my hips) really seems to be letting my form down in a lot of JMBR moves, and I don't seem to be improving a lot in that area. I've read that men often have more trouble with flexibility than women.

Have any of you had experience with programs that focus more specifically on flexibility/stretching rather than strength? I'd like to add something like this a few days a week on top of BR.

Jillian has a yoga dvd that´s not that bad but you have to have patience! Progress when it comes to flexibilty does not happen over night!
  • Thereupon
    Thereupon Posts: 52
    Options
    Jillian has a yoga dvd that´s not that bad but you have to have patience! Progress when it comes to flexibilty does not happen over night!
    Haha, if there's ANYTHING Jillian's taught me it's that nothing happens overnight. :P However, I've been doing BR for over a month now and while my fitness has jumped forwards in leaps and bounds, my flexibility hasn't changed *at all* and it's been letting me down. I still can't even sit up straight with my legs spread apart in "splits position" or get my hands much past my knees when I bend during stretches.

I've been doing some short YouTube yoga sessions someone recommended to add after Jillian's post-workout stretches, so I'll see how that goes! :)