Replies

• michellyn
    michellyn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Brenda!
  • schmergs
    schmergs Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Ashley, 25, 5'5" and 160 pounds. I have also tried Weight Watchers, calorie counting and many other things. I started FMD on Monday, but then had 2 different events this weekend that just completely threw me off... so now I will be starting anew on Monday. I also need to study the food lists more because I didn't really think about the different vegetables and fruit allowed during P1 and P3.

Glad to hear that it's going well for everyone else so far! The most difficult part for me is definitely P2... I have already run out of ideas for snacks during that time besides egg whites and turkey and mustard wrapped in lettuce.
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Brenda. I finally bought the book on my kindle and accepted friend Linda's invite. I am 5'2" currently 174.4. My lowest weight. On MFP has been 160. Started phase 1 today. So far o good. I'm reading the book.....

I didn't know you were my height too! I got down to 178 friday but now back to 180 this morning :( Not enough water and too much stress! But anyway we are close in size, so lets get lower together!
  • devon311
    devon311 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! My name's Devon, I'm 33 and currently weight 207.5 lbs. My weight has been up and down since I was about 12 years old. I lost 75 lbs years ago (with calorie counting and exercise), but gained it back after my mother passed away and I drowned my sorrows in ice cream. I lost 20 lbs last summer on HCG, but gained that plus another 15 back after. I just started FMD this morning and I'm excited about the prospects although the amount of food and calories IS making me a little anxious, but at least it's healthier than what I've been binging on lately. Also, the crash this afternoon when I don't have my Diet Pepsi may be a little scary =)

Can't wait to weigh in a few days and see where I'm at!
  • lindaw66
    Options
    Hello all! I am so glad there are so many people on here! Since this is so new, I was feeling a little lonely :ohwell:

My name is Amy - 42 and about 220. I have been overweight since puberty (which hit me like a ton of bricks) at 11. I have tried WW, Jenny Craig, 17 day diet and so many others I think I have tried to block them out. Stupid diets.

Anyway, saw Haylie on Dr. Oz last week and was attracted to what she was saying as a nutritionist. Dr's have a lot of information coming at them all the time about every kind of physical ailment and cannot be experts on everything. I like that as a nutritionist - this IS her expertise. What she does every day. From her book you understand that she is a real re-searcher and constantly looking to learn more. It helps to give me some confidence in her.

I am not weighing myself until I get the 28 days done - i get too obsessive about my weight and drive myself crazy. However, I wolre a pair of pants yesterday that I couldn't just 6 days before.

I work out 4 times a week (Zumba and Bokwa) so I have been maintaining my wait for the most part the last couple years - but I am not happy about where I am. My initial goal is 150, and I will see how I feel when I get there.

Good luck to everyone else and I look forward to hearing your success. :happy:

I wish I could be more like you and wait for the 28 days to weigh myself! I can drive myself crazy with that too. I'm trying to wait for each Monday morning to weigh!
  • moyerpsu
    moyerpsu Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello, I'm Lynn and add me to the group that has tried everything under the sun, with limited success and always finding the weight and more afterwards. My goal is 100 pounds, that would get me to the normal range. I am 46 y/o and a single mom to two teenage boys. I started this on 4/22, haven't made it through the entire book yet, but read the different phases. Eating a lot of apples. Haven't decided about weigh-ins, the idea of going 28 days and then seeing the scale is intriguing, usually I jump on every morning and that dictates my mood for the day. Giving up my coffee has been challenging. I do miss it, but I'm determinded to do this 100%. I love the recipes the group is posting, I need to start preping so I am ready for those huge afternoon cravings and I don't blow it on junk. Good luck everyone!
  • jansari2
    jansari2 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi. I'm Jawaria, have 3 kids and am at my highest weight ever.I put on all this weight in the last 2 years. So I want to get back to my weight of 115 -117 lbs. Im almost 34 (may) weight 153 pounds and 5'3".My goal is to lose 35 Pounds.Im hoping this diet helps me get a jump start at least. I started last week April 15th so now I'm in week 2.
  • marisanmike
    marisanmike Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys. My name is Marisa and I am currently on day 2 of the diet! Really excited about it. I am 32 years young currently weighing 166 - would like to see the 130's again. I have a 9 months old. I have always struggled with weight but it was amazing to see my pregnancy weight melt right off. I thought, perhaps, the baby had "fixed" my metabolism somehow but what do you know I am right back and the weight I started (not budging). I am really hoping this works. Kind of feel like I have all of my eggs in one basket at this point.

Great to see so many people trying this out - hopefully we will all be success stories.
  • marisanmike
    marisanmike Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hear you on getting to caught up on weighing urself. I go crazy with that. How often are people weighing in?
  • ctygrl917
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am Joann and currently on day 2! Sometimes it's fun and sometimes it's very hard. I have a huge sugar addiction, so sweets and white flour make me feel like a recovering crack addict! I am hoping to change my cravings forever, my metabolism is not even close to what it used to be now that I'm 43! I have gained 18 lbs in the last 5 yrs.

I am 5'2" and 182 lbs....Lindaw66 did you notice a big change after the first week in your weight?
  • lindaw66
    Options
    I hear you on getting to caught up on weighing urself. I go crazy with that. How often are people weighing in?

I think most people are weighing themselves every day. I'm guilty of that too because the scale was going down and I was feeling lighter, so I wanted to see what the scale said. Then after 5 days of loosing I had gained back 2 pounds. I've been on the FMD Facebook Page and there are a lot of people posting that they've lost and then gained some back. So it's normal. We are all going to be different with our weight loss and we have to remember this plan is meant to repair our metabolism first and the weight loss is secondary. With that being said, I suggest that we weigh ourselves every Monday morning. We don't want to stress out about the number on the scale and then get our hormones pissed off and we stall on our weight!
  • 2eatcake
    2eatcake Posts: 11
    Options
    Weighing in on Monday sounds like a fine idea. I am also guilty of weighing myself every day waiting for that miracle to happen! I am on phase 2 week 2 and have only lost 3 lbs. I feel very discouraged. Is anyone else having such a slow loss? I am following the plan to a tee, please let me hear your stories...
    Phyllis
  • Staci415
    Staci415 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good morning Everyone! So glad I found this group! I just started the FMD Mon, 4-22. Let me say by dinner I was worried I couldn't do this, but the next day was fine. Weighed this morning and was down 4 pounds! Yes i know its mostly water, yada yada, but it usually takes me a week on WW to get that much "water weight" off, when i first start. SO, I am interested in how this will play out for 28 days. I have been on and off weight watchers for YEARS! Losing over 80 pounds there, but here we are years and 3 kids later, and just made the big 40 a few days ago! So hoping this will kick start my metabolism and allow me to lose this 50lbs!!

Staci
  • sherrypickle
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sherry Pickle, I am from Vian, Oklahoma. I am 53, and haven't been happy with my weight since the birth of my first child in 1983! I kept 10 lbs from each of my 2 pregnancies, and then added more to that each year. I've tried absolutely everything! I even attended a seminar on stomach stapling earlier this year, but unfortunately, I wasn't heavy enough to qualify for insurance to cover the procedure. I have ankalosying spondylitis that cannot be treated because of some other health issues and complications from previous treatment with Enbrel. Because of this, I am not able to exercise much, and if I do, I usually am unable to get out of bed the next morning without help. I hope this diet can help me to lose about 40 lbs., and I am certain my joints and arthritis will improve if I can lose this weight. I am starting my second day of phase 1, and am very hopeful this diet will help me to get where I feel more comfortable in my body.

I'm anxious to get to know everyone, and so very happy to have found this site!
  • jturner0219
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 34-year-old mother of one little girl who just turned three! I feel like I've been dieting off and on since her birth. I'm 5'3'' and 165 pounds. I'm so excited about this diet. It just seems so sensible, and every phase is only a few days -- which makes it feel much more doable (although I'm keeping my one cup of coffee a day!). I've been exercising a lot lately (I just completed a half marathon!) but the scale doesn't seem to want to budge. I'm hoping this diet will help. I've always struggled with my eating habits, and I just want to model healthy eating to my daughter so that things aren't so hard for her. I also want to stop being so hard on myself about my body -- my daughter's pediatrician told me that the worse thing I could do for her was to criticize my looks/body shape in front of her. Then she'll start looking at her own body negatively. Definitely don't want that! So here's to positivity and success!
  • lindaw66
    Options
    Weighing in on Monday sounds like a fine idea. I am also guilty of weighing myself every day waiting for that miracle to happen! I am on phase 2 week 2 and have only lost 3 lbs. I feel very discouraged. Is anyone else having such a slow loss? I am following the plan to a tee, please let me hear your stories...
    Phyllis

Three pounds is great! Don't be discouraged with any kind of loss. Remember you are repairing your metabolism, and if it's really slow and broken, it will need to be in healing mode first, weight loss second. Your body may simply need to detox more than others, hang in there :drinker:
  • mandamermaid
    Options
    Hi. I am Amanda. I am 32 years old. I am 5'8" and weigh 175 lbs. I weighed 135 when I was in my 20s, but gained 45 pounds in the last few years. I've lost 10-15 at a time on diets like HCG and Perricone 28 Day, but I always gain it right back immediately after stopping the diet. My body seems to like to hover around the 180 lb. mark. It's frustrating. I recently started working out again after living a pretty sedentary lifestyle.
  • rbanks0702
    rbanks0702 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Regina. I am a working mother of two children. I never had a weight issue until about 10 years ago. My husband endured some health problems then, and I turned to food to cope. I am an emotional eater. I grew up in a that was all about eating. Weight issues tend to run on my mother's side of the family. I got back down to my goal about 5 years ago. It slowly has creeped back up, and I almost to the weight that I weighed before. I look back at pictures, and it saddens me that I let myself get out of hand. I got strict last year and cut out processed sugars and foods and did really well. I fell off the wagon and ate some cake thinking that I could get right back on track. I didn't. I wanted to lose weight but hadn't been motivated until I read this book to start again.

I have been a member here for a few years, and this is the first time that I have introduced myself. I admit that I do need a support group. I was very excited to see this group after I had completed the book.
  • michellyn
    michellyn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Regina, I also got very discouraged, and this program is the first thing in a long time to give me hope :)
  • nancygutowskibarrett
    Options
    Hi - I am a 53 year old gal who is very physically fit and I need to lose 20 lbs. I am a lifetime member of WW and just seemed to need something different. I saw The Fast Metabolism Diet on either Good Morning America or the Today Show & rushed right out to purchase the book. I am in Week 2 & will start Phase 3 tomorrow (yummmmmm - Almond Butter Toast) and have lost 9 lbs.

I LOVE to workout....spin & Body Pump and do so usually 6 days a week. I've had to cut that schedule, but a 9 lb. loss after 10 days is quite the incentive. I am enjoying preparing my food. I have no children...just me & my hubby and he is not a picky eater at all. He'll have a variation of I am eating or something totally different. No issues there!

I am looking forward to the support & reading you all!

Thanks!