NSV

Actually it is more like an ANTI scale victory in my mind. I am still in midst my 12 week reset (4 more weeks to go!) I have always been obsessed with the scale and most times my mood depended on what it said :( I am happy to report that I started a new 12 week program for the Wii (Biggest Loser) yesterday and had to weigh in and WOW! According to it, I was up 16 pounds (8 more than when I weighted in on my normal scale over the weekend) from when I started my reset. Initially, my eyes got big and I gasped. Then something wonderful happened. I thought "meh, it is just a number and I expected to gain weight in reset and it is just temporary, no big deal" Then I went on to do a 40 minute workout (which they credited 71 calories burned...yeah right!)

I AM NOT OBSESSED WITH THE SCALE AND THE NUMBERS ANYMORE! That is a major victory in my book. :)

Just wanted to tell someone, the reset is changing my metabolism AND my mind. YIPPEE!!!

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Great NSV! It's so freeing not being a slave to the scale and being able to see it as an arbitrary number.
  • SweetHarmony81
    SweetHarmony81 Posts: 123 Member
    I agree! This is a BIG victory!! Well done :-)
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    That's AWESOME! I am trying to not focus on the numbers so much. It's hard to do now that I'm cutting, but I promised myself I would wait until Week 5 to weigh in. The real goal is getting back into my skinny jeans lol.

Excellent NSV. :)
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Awesome nsv!
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Yay!!! That is a big step forward in your journey and something that many people struggle their whole lives and don't accomplish. Kudos to you!
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Awesome NSV!!!!