hiit

Options
rachaelaldora
rachaelaldora Posts: 99 Member
does shorter times of high intensity interval training or insanity work?
i'll be on month 1 but the workouts can be from 32-45 minutes. high intensity. if it doesnt count maybe ill have to do something with it lol i normally do but i dont want to let people down if i dont

Replies

• maggieyork
    Options
    1 hour girl! You do that HIIT then take a relaxing stroll later in the day. I'm just kidding. As long as your off the couch!! If you feel like your 32-45 of HIIT felt like an hour just post that you did it. NO PRESSURE!!!!
  • southernpawsc
    Options
    1 hour girl! You do that HIIT then take a relaxing stroll later in the day. I'm just kidding. As long as your off the couch!! If you feel like your 32-45 of HIIT felt like an hour just post that you did it. NO PRESSURE!!!!

I agree! If someone runs 40-45 minutes, they're surely doing more than my 1 hour! lol!
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Insanity is interval training (HIIT) with some circuit training thrown in. It definitely works.

In my experience most people doing their own HIIT do not push themselves enough for it to be effective. It goes against our human nature to keep going when we are in pain or tired. That's why I like Insanity, you see the others doing it and it keeps you going as well. Plus the seconds and minutes are counted out for you...so you aren't staring at a clock etc.
  • rachaelaldora
    rachaelaldora Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for this. I have twelve more pounds to loose to be in my normal body weight for my height. It's getting harder. So I'm hoping this will help me go the extra mile.
  • NannieRN
    NannieRN Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is exciting! I have over the past month pushed myself to move 60 minutes a day at the gym. Typically cardio and some strenght training, however I am only getting there 5 x a week. I want it 7 days, but could use the motivation! I will use the last week of April to work towards moving daily in May!!

I have 55 more lbs to go to get to my goal, down 138lbs so far.. so it is time to burn it and really push! I just took my first Zumba class last night! It was great...but I am not sure I am aware of my Right or Left when it comes to coordination, regardless- I moved it!

I have not done HIIT , more like intermediate interval training, it makes me nervous! Any recommendations for beginners?
  • maggieyork
    Options
    That's awesome NannieRN! I am new to this also but I'm jumping right in with both feet. I started the group so we could all be there for each other to obtain our goals. I have the same problem with the coordination thing. I am going tomorrow for my first Zumba class to try it out....sounds like fun. My motto: If I can't do the move...I will do a move I can do...just keep moving. : )