I need your HELP!!!

Options
marcelka77
marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
Ok before this game goes into its fast gear I can't decide about evictions. I don't think we should evict active members. We are family and we should support each other. Helping each other.
Organizing extra rooms for evicted- home challenge could became quite messy .

That is the reason for so many extra lbs for right choices - exercise and food

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtITACIlndtJdHZQSEtfRFNWVEFMQWdZaEtOZ2NWUGc#gid=5

I was thinking doing pride and shame wall announcing every week both top 3 winners and bottom 3 losers - based on weight by itself and then other part where we will add advantages

If peop;e think we should do proper eviction or have any other ideas please let me know

Also we should agree that people who are not talking with captain over 7? days or 14? days without explanation and People who don't try to do at least 2 parts of challenge over 7? or 14? days should be evicted

Replies

• pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Ok before this game goes into its fast gear I can't decide about evictions. I don't think we should evict active members. We are family and we should support each other. Helping each other.
    Organizing extra rooms for evicted- home challenge could became quite messy .

That is the reason for so many extra lbs for right choices - exercise and food

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtITACIlndtJdHZQSEtfRFNWVEFMQWdZaEtOZ2NWUGc#gid=5

I was thinking doing pride and shame wall announcing every week both top 3 winners and bottom 3 losers - based on weight by itself and then other part where we will add advantages

If peop;e think we should do proper eviction or have any other ideas please let me know

Also we should agree that people who are not talking with captain over 7? days or 14? days without explanation and People who don't try to do at least 2 parts of challenge over 7? or 14? days should be evicted

I'm a 'tough love' type...I don't have a problem with 'evictions!' The possibility of being eliminated **should** be motivation to make us work harder. I'm afraid that without that possibility, a lot of people won't try hard enough to meet the challenge requirements!

Also, I think once a week is the *absolute* bare minimum that each person should be communicating with their team members. Part of the team spirit is to be there for each other...showing up/reporting sporadically or not very often will definitely bring down the morale of other team members. Plus, it is easier for us as captains to keep track of everybody's daily accomplishments if our girls are reporting more often - to me, I think *at least* every couple of days is necessary; once a day would be ideal, but I realize that's not always possible for all. I guess I'm saying that we should see a strong effort on the part of our team members to keep in touch and be an active asset to the team!

Just my initial thoughts...
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I think we should do evictions but just like biggest loser have an "at home" honor mention at the end for the person who does the best even though they were evicted..just a thought.
  • kelseyka
    kelseyka Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I agree with you! I don't think we should kick off people that are trying! I like the top 3 bottom 3 idea... Maybe a consequence of some sort???
  • marcelka77
    Options
    So if members don't communicate for 7 days (without explanation) - they will be evicted - no excuse - does everyone agree ??

maybe everyone who has no loss or even gain after adding extra lbs from challenges should be evicted - does everyone agree ???

maybe person who is going to be 3 times at bottom 3 should be transferred into special lets call them home team
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    I think we are all here to lose and support each other. MFP is about having that support system. I really do not think we should be kicking anyone off. It is a hard thing we are going through and if a person gets kicked off they will lose the drive they need to complete the challenge and hit there biggest loser goal. To be honest I would not have joined the challenge if I had known there would be evictions. I am on this site because I need encouragement not punishment. Just my opinion
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    So if members don't communicate for 7 days (without explanation) - they will be evicted - no excuse - does everyone agree ??

maybe everyone who has no loss or even gain after adding extra lbs from challenges should be evicted - does everyone agree ???

maybe person who is going to be 3 times at bottom 3 should be transferred into special lets call them home team

If there are going to be evictions I will be dropping out of the challenge and finding other ways to get the encouragement I am looking for. I need help in a positive way right now. If everyone decided to evict I will bow out gracefully no hard feelings.
  • marcelka77
    Options
    there is up to 7 lbs for grab so have no weight loss in 7 days if you could get up to 7 lbs advantage would be quite hard

I think we are all here to lose and support each other. MFP is about having that support system. I really do not think we should be kicking anyone off. It is a hard thing we are going through and if a person gets kicked off they will lose the drive they need to complete the challenge and hit there biggest loser goal. To be honest I would not have joined the challenge if I had known there would be evictions. I am on this site because I need encouragement not punishment. Just my opinion
  • jellybelly1986
    Options
    I am also not keen on the evictions idea. It seems very negative.
  • marcelka77
    Options
    ok my idea is on top I am open to anyone's suggestions

originally i have never wanted evict anyone who is trying (and I STILL DON'T!!! - EVEN PERSON WHO IS LAST IS OVERLAPPING THE ONE WHO IS LAYING ON SOFA!!!!)

but i think people who are not communicating and committed an trying - without explanation!!!!- might bring bad attitude
  • jellybelly1986
    Options
    I agree that people who are not communicating and not recording anything should be evicted. Like 2 weeks and your out (unless otherwise agreed). But I don't think people who are still reporting in should be evicted. that's a little harsh.
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    ok my idea is on top I am open to anyone's suggestions

originally i have never wanted evict anyone who is trying (and I STILL DON'T!!! - EVEN PERSON WHO IS LAST IS OVERLAPPING THE ONE WHO IS LAYING ON SOFA!!!!)

but i think people who are not communicating and committed an trying - without explanation!!!!- might bring bad attitude

Yes, if someone is not trying, then they have already (in essence) 'evicted' themselves! To keep them around with a 'do-nothing' attitude will bring down the team...
    I'm still not against weekly evictions for the reasons I stated above. I don't feel like it's negative or punishment...it's just consequences - part of life. By being part of this challenge, we agree to try to meet the challenge requirements; if we don't, then we're out...it all comes down to personal responsibility. To me, evicting someone is NOT saying that we don't want them to be successful in their weight-loss journey...it simply says, you didn't do your part to meet the challenge requirements, so you're out of the competition! We can still encourage and support eliminated people on our teams...but a 'challenge' by definition is a testing or a competition. You either pass or fail a test, and a competition has a winner!
    Again, to me it's a matter of personal responsibility...do your part and you should be safe from elimination! (And I speak as someone who could be booted rather easily...I weighed in at 109.8!)
    With all this said, marcelka77, it's *your* challenge, and I'm fine with whatever you decide...I'm just giving my input on the subject since you asked! :)
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    I agree that people who are not communicating and not recording anything should be evicted. Like 2 weeks and your out (unless otherwise agreed). But I don't think people who are still reporting in should be evicted. that's a little harsh.

This is exactly how I feel as well. You should actively be participating but if your body decides it does not want to lose for a couple weeks when you are actually trying and then being evicted on top of that would be like getting kicked while your down.
  • marcelka77
    Options
    but what i am saying evicted should be only people who are not trying ... i have just finished my zumba ... I will do some squats ...off to bath and off to bed its midnight in London ...

i will read your ideas tomorrow morning As I written in first note and as it is written on main page there is no eviction if you trying !!!

While doing zumba I thought maybe giving extra EASY!!!! challenge for bottom 3 on Wednesday and if they do it by Monday morning they could stay (if on holiday or ill - time would extend)

for example this week we are concentrating on fish so challenge could have been question like .. Why is Fish counted as one of supper food? Do you agree ??
  • debk68
    debk68 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I agree that if you are not communicating with your team you should be evicted. Exceptions could be made for those who inform the leader first about vacations.

I don't think you should be evicted to not losing weight. Sometimes we build muscle which weighs more .

The challenges, I think if a person does not wish to do a challenge, they may come up with a substitute if it is approved by you or their leader. BUT, I think that everyone should at least attempt the challenges. That is why they are challenges. If they were easy, they wouldn't be life changing.

For example in another group I am in we were challenged to burn 500 calories a day. At first I thought the leader was insane!!!! Now, every workout I strive for that 500 calorie mark.

Basically ladies, let's open ourselves up for new challenges, the same old same old has not worked (for me) in the past. I am excited to try somebody else's ideas. Certainly can't be worse than the damage I have done on my own :ohwell:

Thanks Marci!
  • adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Evictions based on participation:
    I agree that people who have not weighed in, communicated with team members, or communicated with their captain in 7 days should be evicted. We want this to be a positive group and keeping in touch and motivating each other is key to that.

Evictions based on weight loss:
    If we decide to have evictions for the person with the least percentage of weight lost, then I will still be in the group. I do not necessarily see a problem with it. However, I also do not think it is necessary. There are 19 weeks in this challenge, and there are more than 80 of us. It's not like the show. We won't be eliminating one person each week until we have only one left. If we do eliminate people, then at the end, we will still have over 60 people left, and the "winner" will be the person that lost the most out of those 60 people. We may as well have weekly biggest losers celebrated on some sort of discussion board, and then at the end determine the winner out of all of us.

Just my thoughts!
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Evictions based on participation:
    I agree that people who have not weighed in, communicated with team members, or communicated with their captain in 7 days should be evicted. We want this to be a positive group and keeping in touch and motivating each other is key to that.

Evictions based on weight loss:
    If we decide to have evictions for the person with the least percentage of weight lost, then I will still be in the group. I do not necessarily see a problem with it. However, I also do not think it is necessary. There are 19 weeks in this challenge, and there are more than 80 of us. It's not like the show. We won't be eliminating one person each week until we have only one left. If we do eliminate people, then at the end, we will still have over 60 people left, and the "winner" will be the person that lost the most out of those 60 people. We may as well have weekly biggest losers celebrated on some sort of discussion board, and then at the end determine the winner out of all of us.

Just my thoughts!

Well said...totally agree!
  • felicia128
    felicia128 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We should have evictions! But there are too many for the amount of weeks, we'd have to maybe have double evictions?
  • ltrevino2007
    ltrevino2007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree! If they are actively trying they shouldn't be evicted!!! The team members not communicating is not just hurting themselves but their team also. So yes, those who do not communicate should be evicted!!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    IMHO there should be evictions. This is a challenge! I get regular support and motivations from my day to day life on MFP from all my friends on here. I was looking forward to a great competition. But, I will go along with what the majority once and the majority seems to think eliminations are too "harsh."
  • squishypop
    squishypop Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm for evictions as well. I agree that this is a challenge, I'm doing everything I can to get those extra bonus lbs and trying to lose weight to win! yea!

Maybe we don't have to call it evictions/eliminations, just "move" to another team that can fight for most weight lost at the end of the challenge. They can do the challenges too to keep them going and maybe do a top 3/bottom 3 weekly for that group.

Captains can continue to keep track of the "moved" teammates progress.