How do I sync my fitbit using my phone?

Options
McDougal416
McDougal416 Posts: 74 Member
My computer crashed last week and I had heard I can sync my fitbit with my phone? How do i get it to start updating with out havingto use a computer? I dont know when I'll be able to get another computer. Thanks!

Replies

• lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Just download the Fitbit app to your phone. I have an Android so I can only speak for droids. I don't keep bluetooth on all the time unless I'm syncing or using an actual bluetooth earpiece so I turn on bluetooth, go to my Fitbit app and it syncs. If it doesn't start syncing right away hit "sync". That's about it.
  • McDougal416
    Options
    Thanks! I did that...but since i have the ultra it wont sync. :( Thanks for your help.
  • jobythurston
    Options
    What type of phone do you have? My husband has iphone 4S and he syncs his fitbit one with his phone. I have iphone 4 and for some reason when I downloaded the app, I don't have the same option as him to sync his fitbit one with his phone so we think the app may only work with iphone 4S and later but we might be wrong?
  • teach722
    teach722 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It depends on your phone if it will sync or not. My newer Galaxy syncs, my husbands' older My Touch does not. He can download the app, but not sync.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    according to fit bits site , galaxy 3 galaxy tablet and i phone 4-5 will work others not yet. i know my HTC one didnt have it as an option..so the app is on my work phone
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Oh, I have a Galaxy S3 and it syncs great...wasn't aware it only worked with certain phones :(
  • ThatDamnRobyn
    ThatDamnRobyn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone 4 and didn't realize till after I bought my One that it won't sync with an iPhone 4. Frustrating since I thought I'd done my research!
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I don't believe Ultras sync with your phone. You have to do it on the computer first then the info will show up on the app.
  • McDougal416
    Options
    I have the S3...but the fitbit ultra. So i cant sync using my phone. My computer crashed and was hoping to beable to keep using my fitbit...but guess i'll have to wait. Thanms for ur help.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    It depends on your phone. Not all phones can sync with it. Mine cant, even being android.
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I have the S3...but the fitbit ultra. So i cant sync using my phone. My computer crashed and was hoping to beable to keep using my fitbit...but guess i'll have to wait. Thanms for ur help.

No, the Ultra doesn't have a Bluetooth capability.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Can't you borrow any computer to stick your dangler in or whatever that little jobber is called? Sync, then detatch? I think the tracker holds like a week of info.
  • vdenson
    vdenson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    this might sound dumb however, i just got the FITBIT today. do i have to leave my laptop on in order for the sync to work? i have the iphone4 and it wont sync :(
  • caseyjarryn
    caseyjarryn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Have you got bluetooth turned on? You should definitely be able to sync with your phone. Otherwise use the little dongle the fitbit came with to sync to your computer... I've not used a computer to sync so I don't know the details as to how to do it, but yes your computer will need to be turned on.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Have you got bluetooth turned on? You should definitely be able to sync with your phone. Otherwise use the little dongle the fitbit came with to sync to your computer... I've not used a computer to sync so I don't know the details as to how to do it, but yes your computer will need to be turned on.

Not all phones sync with fitbit so leaving bluetooth on wont make a difference on it if it is not one of the ones in the devices list so dont tell people it will work.

https://www.fitbit.com/au/devices

this might sound dumb however, i just got the FITBIT today. do i have to leave my laptop on in order for the sync to work? i have the iphone4 and it wont sync :(

yep if your phone wont sync & is not in the list then only other way is via laptop or computer. You dont HAVE to leave it on all the time cause you can decide to sync whenever you want.