Six Week Shred: HIIT 100s

Options
KatLifter
KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
Anyone else doing Jim Stoppani's Six Week Shred? I just started today with a couple other ladies and would love more accountability partners! It's an intense 6 week HIIT program using weights instead of regular cardio equipment.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/six-week-shred-torch-fat-with-hiit-100s.html

Replies

• reweldt
    reweldt Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    good luck
    let me know how it goes doing
    Rita
  • KatLifter
    Options
    I'm halfway through week 2 and I love it. I actually kind of waking up early to get to the gym. Here is what my workouts are looking like. The routine takes me ~90 minutes.
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/katwhelton/?activities
  • rendonjr
    rendonjr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey kat. How you liking this program. Im starting it on monday and was wonderingof your progress.
  • KatLifter
    Options
    Hey kat. How you liking this program. Im starting it on monday and was wonderingof your progress.

Hey! I'm really liking it. I had to take a few days off because of life here in Boston, but I was happy for the rest. It's intense, but I'm definitely seeing results, both in the mirror and with strength gains. Almost every workout I'm able to lift more in the sets that go to failure.
  • Gstelz
    Gstelz Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Kat!

I'm also in MA and started this today! I hope you and your family and friends came through the attacks ok...

I know that it will be very tough getting to the gym all six days b/c of my work schedule but I'll have to manage- it's only six weeks of six days per week! Just wanted to pick your brain if that's ok...

How have your results been? Are you using all the supplements? I find that some supplements affect me negatively b/c I have a heart condition so I might not really use them, but I'm afraid I won't see the results. Are you eating less than the meal plan Joe presents on bodybuilding.com b/c you're a woman? If so, how did you calculate your macros? I weigh a lot so if I eat the 1.5xweight for protein, .5xweight for fat etc. it gives a pretty high calorie amount and I'm not sure if I should consume less b/c I'm a girl. Which protein powders are you using? I find that everything is expensive and gross! I think the proteins are one thing I definitely need to incorporate.

So anyway, sorry for such a long post. I am just excited to find someone else who is using the program!! My brother turned me on to it and he's doing it, too (with all the supplements, etc - he's very disciplined!). Joe Stoppani is very encouraging and comforting in some way - really enjoyed his videos breaking down the workout, nutrition, etc.

- Gretchen
  • KatLifter
    Options
    Hi Kat!

I'm also in MA and started this today! I hope you and your family and friends came through the attacks ok...

I know that it will be very tough getting to the gym all six days b/c of my work schedule but I'll have to manage- it's only six weeks of six days per week! Just wanted to pick your brain if that's ok...

How have your results been? Are you using all the supplements? I find that some supplements affect me negatively b/c I have a heart condition so I might not really use them, but I'm afraid I won't see the results. Are you eating less than the meal plan Joe presents on bodybuilding.com b/c you're a woman? If so, how did you calculate your macros? I weigh a lot so if I eat the 1.5xweight for protein, .5xweight for fat etc. it gives a pretty high calorie amount and I'm not sure if I should consume less b/c I'm a girl. Which protein powders are you using? I find that everything is expensive and gross! I think the proteins are one thing I definitely need to incorporate.

So anyway, sorry for such a long post. I am just excited to find someone else who is using the program!! My brother turned me on to it and he's doing it, too (with all the supplements, etc - he's very disciplined!). Joe Stoppani is very encouraging and comforting in some way - really enjoyed his videos breaking down the workout, nutrition, etc.

- Gretchen

Hi Gretchen,
    The one thing that really gets to me about the programs on bodybuilding.com is their really high reliance on supplements - I think it's partly because they sell the supplements. I like BCAAs because they help protect muscle when you're training this hard and trying to lose fat. I also take fish oil and a good multivitamin. That's it. I tried a pre-workout, but I didn't like it. I do use protein powder (chocolate powder in plain Greek yogurt is delish!) I did a lot of research on the supplements, and most have little to no proof that they work. I've had the best luck just by eating clean and getting the majority of my carbs from fruits, veggies, with some from whole grains.
    I shoot for about 2,000 calories a day (I'm 5'10", 186 lbs). But really, I eat healthy whole foods when I'm hungry without getting TOO caught up in the total number. I only did the first 4 weeks - it is a really intense program, and it was getting to be a little too much for me. Are you new to lifting? There are other programs that are a little less intense if you are, like Jamie Eason's LiveFit, or New Rules of Lifting for Women or Starting Strength (those 2 are books, not a bb.com program).
    I didn't quite get the results I was looking for, but I think that had more to do with external stress (my dad passed away suddenly 6 weeks ago), than the actual program. I got some good strength gains, but I was also spending 1 1/2 - 2 hours a day in the gym. Now I've cut back to ~1 hour, lifting heavy 4 days a week and doing HIIT. Good luck!