cholesterol levels and non veg food

Options
Kannu55
Kannu55 Posts: 11 Member
Any one who has developed cholesterol problem after being on Low carb diets??? Even with two eggs a day I am crossing my daily cholesterol limit of 300mg. Help please.

Replies

• albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Any one who has developed cholesterol problem after being on Low carb diets??? Even with two eggs a day I am crossing my daily cholesterol limit of 300mg. Help please.
    Dietary intake of cholesterol is shown repeatedly to have VERY little, if any, effect on our serum cholesterol levels.

There is also no scientific evidence that dietary cholesterol causes heart disease.

Generally, when eating a low-carb diet the lipid profile improves. Your HDL-C (often called the 'good' cholesterol) increases, and your LDL-C (often called the 'bad' cholesterol, though there are two types of LDL particles) lowers. Triglyceride levels also lower.

So please, enjoy your eggs without worry.
  • Kannu55
    Kannu55 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    What Al said.

I try to eat 75% of my calories in fat. I eat eggs, bacon, cheese, coconut oil, nuts, dark chocolate, avocados, meat, steak, more meat and I regularly fry my eggs in lard. My lipid panel is great. My triglycerides dropped dramatically.

Eat your eggs... the whole egg. Enjoy those yolks. They're good for you.