April 24, 2013

Options
Hey Everyone, We are exactly one week away from the start of our big challenge!!!! I'm getting excited because I just keep thinking about how much better we will all look and feel on May 31, 2013. I am so glad I started this group and even happier that all you have decided to join. We can uplift and encourage each other to achieve our goals whether it's 100 lbs or 5 lbs! Have a great day!!!

Replies

• Laney2r
    Laney2r Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am super excited! Its a great challenge idea!
  • Tlbrown1985
    Options
    im sooooo ready!!!! letss go <3
  • asmithTXfit
    asmithTXfit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yay! So excited!
  • rich1800
    rich1800 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree. I am using a fitbit pedometer to track my steps, wo when I walk or run it automatically updates myfitness pal with calories burned. So you never have to enter runs or walks in MFP, only things like weightlifting, swimming, cycling etc.

It's pretty neat and they only cost 49.95. Also has an iphone app that is fun. I have been trying for 15,000 steps a day, and so far I am down 12 since January.
  • maggieyork
    Options
    That's awesome Rich!! Thanks for info on the FitBit. : )
  • bonjojo
    bonjojo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My "lunch hour" walks aren't an hour long (need time to actually eat lunch!), so this will be a great challenge to get in more exercise those days I don't also have a zumba class. Gotta get away from the computer desk some more!!
  • maggieyork
    Options
    You can do it!!!
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    I'm pretty excited as well. I'm taking on some Zumba and spinning classes in May. I'm hoping for a big month. I think this challenge will help me even more!
  • maggieyork
    Options
    Yay. I've decided to start with Zumba Gold and work up from there. I would like to get to the point where I could do spinning it looks fun yet painful. : )
  • Martina_A_M
    Martina_A_M Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love the idea and the group Maggie! :)) We can all help and motivate each other, anyone who would like to add me please feel free to do so! Now off to the gym for another hardcore session, let's goooooooo! :)