Walk it Out Wednesday!

Options
Good morning ladies! I hope your day is off to a great start!

I was thinking of making today Walk it out Wednesday--- My legs are so sore from my morning workout and I have another workout planned this evening. I MUST incorporate some brisk walking into my schedule today to get rid of some of this "wonderful" DOMS running through my system this morning, lol. My plan is to walk at least 3 miles today--- between lunch time and bedtime. I will get it done even if I have to walk in place!

If you are interested in joining me, please pledge the number of miles you wish you walk today (and commit to). If you are walking for a purpose, please indicate---it's the best motivation=)

Feel free to take pics of your view during your walk---( I see some pretty interesting things on my morning walk!!)

If any of you are Endomondo users, please add me! I am Melanie Rollins-Grimes... it would be great to follow your progress there! I love the app because it shows the number of miles you walk/run, it shows your history so that you can beat your last time/mileage, and it shows a map of your route. It also tracks the number of calories burned as well- if you enter your weight, height, and other statistics (I have worn my HRM and have compared the calories burned and have found it to be pretty accurate)

Happy Wednesday ladies! Let's walk it out!!!

Replies

• shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329
    Options
    I usually walk everyday on my lunch so consider me in this challenge but today's purpose of walking is to relieve the soreness from my leg workouts for the past 2 days. I'll walk somewhere between 2.5-3 miles. I use Runtastic to track my walks/runs so I'll just post back here once completed. Have a lovely day Mel!
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Addicted2_fitness Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thanks for joining me Shanny! You have a great day as well!
  • 1CoCo_Chanel
    1CoCo_Chanel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya Mel! I will do 2 miles today :)
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Options
    Alright! Sounds good!
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Options
    On my way out to enjoy this beautiful day here in VA! It's 80 degrees out... I just might walk the whole 3 miles during my lunch hour?! Why not!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I will definitely be supporting you guys...I can only see myself doing my last 15min break with walking today.....I have a big workout in the AM and even bigger in the evening..... But tomorrow I will dedicate 2 miles of leslie for active Rest Day to this.... Great idea Mel...
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am not taking a lunch today since I am leaving work early to pick up my son but I am sure I can find 30 min to fit in 2 miles somewhere in my day today!

Oh yes and I will dedicate this walk today to my father in laws well being. He is in the hospital due to mini heart attack and will be undergoing surgery thur/ Fri.........
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Just finished walking. 6.74 miles. not truly tired but my legs are sore as all get out. ( FEELS GREAT!!!)
  • WinningAt50
    WinningAt50 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Today is my rest day but I will Get 3 miles in with Leslie Today!!!!
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    I'm committing to a 4 mile walk and later Leslie Sansone's walk/jog workout (love it!!). I'll post tonight when they are complete. I did get on my exercise bike this morning so this challenge will be considered my second workout of the day. Thanks hun for the great challenge!!
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Well I got .78 of mile walk in with my daughter biking riding, she got tired and had to come back home. lol I tried to get a mile in. Maybe tomorrow! :)
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Woops!! Fell asleep without posting. Had such a great burn yesterday too :( Oh well. I'll make sure I post tonight after work. I did complete the challenge...Yay me!! Now I'm off to work. Talk to you lovely ladies later.
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Options
    I completed this challenge, just forgot to come back to check in=( Have a great day ladies!
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329
    Options
    I forgot to check back in but I got in 3.1 miles! Have a lovely day ladies.