Fat Fast Day 1 - 5

Options
CoCoMa
CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
I decided to give myself a boost and go on a 5-day FF, so I'll be showing up for the next 5 days to share my results. Following the FF, I plan on going on a strict induction (no nuts :ohwell: ) Folks usually don't last very long on a FF, but I have every intention on seeing it through in the "presence" of all of you. I have my recent blood panel to compare to, so I hope to see improvement in that department. I've reset my weight loss goal and hope to see some progress, although I know the transition from FF to induction will cause a slight gain. Anyhoo, here we go...

Day 1

Food: My meals will consist of 90% fat, 5 times per day. There's no need to list the food, as I'll be consuming the same things. Mac nuts, egg yolks, mayo, cream cheese, avocado, etc.

Exercise: Uhm, none for today

Ketosis: Trace (too many carbs last night)

Weight loss: Zero, of course

Mood: Motivated

Replies

• darrenlees
    darrenlees Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Good luck :-)
  • livinglc
    livinglc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good luck with this challenge. I couldn't do induction completely, so ff seems a huge challenge. I'll be looking for your progress report, and hope you post how often you have to eat each day. I'm curios how it works.
  • AyeAye55
    AyeAye55 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    the best of luck to you :smile:
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Thanks all for the support! Day 1 was doable, although I think I'll re-adjust my duration to 3 days instead of 5. I didn't feel hungry, just a little off (light-headed) and craved meat, maybe because I couldn't have any :ohwell:

Day 2

Food: Same menu

Exercise: Probably a walk this evening

Ketosis: Medium - showing a moderate color and it only took a day!

Weight loss: 1.5lbs - i'll take a water loss!

Mood: still motivated
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've never tried a fat fast, but I've heard of it from some of my other low carb friends. I'm very interested to see how it goes for you! Does it make induction easier, or are you just doing it to get back into ketosis more quickly after taking a break from low carb, or are you trying to break a plateau?
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    I've never tried a fat fast, but I've heard of it from some of my other low carb friends. I'm very interested to see how it goes for you! Does it make induction easier, or are you just doing it to get back into ketosis more quickly after taking a break from low carb, or are you trying to break a plateau?
  • rdonald57
    rdonald57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    sounds like your making good progress
  • rdonald57
    Options
    any update Coco?
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Hello group,
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday, been swamped with meetings and stuff.

I successfully completed day 3 yesterday (my final day btw) with no problems. I have it in me to do a few more days, but I’ll stop now while I’m still feeling positive about it. I didn’t experience any hunger because the fat was enough to keep me full. I only did a brisk walk on day 2 because I wasn’t feeling a whole lot of energy, although on day 3 I felt my energy levels back to normal. I am in deep ketosis (purple) and I’m down 3.8lbs! I’m not too concerned about the weight because I know it will fluctuate, but I’m glad to see the scale move! Overall, this round was a great experience and I’ll probably do it again in the future. Thank you to those who took an interest and showed support during my FF experiment!
  • rdonald57
    Options
    thanks
  • Bailey532
    Bailey532 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I did a fat fast about 8 months ago and lost 7 pounds! Great way to jump back on board quickly! May do another in another few months...
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    I'm new to Atkins (on day 6) and I'm curious about the Fat Fast. What is it? And how do you do it?
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'm new to Atkins (on day 6) and I'm curious about the Fat Fast. What is it? And how do you do it?

Here's a great article on the Fat Fast by Jimmy Moore, one of the big Low Carb gurus. I'm going to read it too. Looks very interesting:

http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/fat-fast-for-a-few-days-to-induce-weight-loss/1189
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    thanks for the link...curious
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I'm still in the induction phase so I won't need to do the fat fast but it's nice to know about it just for future reference.